What I Got Today!

Brac

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

== I know most of us have a chuckle at the expense of Bose but business is business and with revenue nearing $4B in 2017 that is nothing to laugh at — 

According to my calculation, that means at least 25% of us are hiding something..... I would state if I had such a problem.... 

9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

According to my calculation, that means at least 25% of us are hiding something..... I would state if I had such a problem.... 

I confess to have owned two pair of the 901s...gave them away in the early 90's when I bought Klipsch. My roomie had series I (or II) in the barracks in 1974. My previous roomie had JBL L-100s (I think, glass top / orange waffle grills and I didn't like the west coast bass rumble)

OK, back on course 

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

I confess to have owned two pair of the 901s...gave them away in the early 90's when I bought Klipsch. My roomie had series I (or II) in the barracks in 1974. My previous roomie had JBL L-100s (I think, glass top / orange waffle grills and I didn't like the west coast bass rumble)

OK, back on course 

glass top would L-65 jubal

Got me this a few days ago on a trade.   Hey, if I'm not spending money right now on audio gear, it can't bother her I figure right?   It's an older KPT 884 SW.  Will get a new coat of Duratex when I get around to it and I'm toying with the idea of a driver swap in it with something more modern.   Compliments the 396s quite well right now I must say.  

20190117_143243.jpg

9083.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Got me this a few days ago on a trade.   Hey, if I'm not spending money right now on audio gear, it can't bother her I figure right?   It's an older KPT 884 SW.  Will get a new coat of Duratex when I get around to it and I'm toying with the idea of a driver swap in it with something more modern.   Compliments the 396s quite well right now I must say.  

20190117_143243.jpg

9083.jpg

WOW, that thing is HUGE.................does it really go much below 40Hz. ?  I know that most commercial venue subs don't, we had FOUR, large horn loaded bins  in my 80ies rock band, all powered with 18" Peavy Black Widows (the only thing the Carver 1.5's could NOT blow up!), and I think they topped out around 40Hz.  The JBL and Gauss 18"s kept burning up on us!   Well, it doesn't help when your percussionist has a digital drum kit triggered from real drums.  Not only did he have DOUBLE bass drums, but got real clever and took the smallest two toms, and turned them into bass drums and then proceeded to do QUAD bass drum rolls during his solo !!!!!    I looked over at the amp rack, and the Carvers were topped OUT continuously during that segment !   Again, only the Black Widows could survive it :D

47 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

WOW, that thing is HUGE.................does it really go much below 40Hz. ?

According to the spec sheet, should okay down to 27 hz plus or minus 3 dB and extends to 18 hz.   I can say it hits the really low notes well and without in room response MIC, it certainly hits lows notably lower than my JBL's that I trade away which were good to 30 hz (which skipped over notes completely that this sub plays) .