What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
3 hours ago, The History Kid said:

You get to call me Professor in 8 months.  You get to call me Dr. in 2 more years. ;)

Congratulations dude :emotion-21: You have to be happy to see a great plan with an end in sight.  

But for a couple months, we will just call you freezing in Iowa

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, dtel said:

But for a couple months, we will just call you freezing in Iowa

The room with my HOO's was 21 F this morning.  It's up to 50 F right now, but this cold is something else.  It doesn't help that there's a whole second half of the house that isn't original and they never ran central heat to it.

Meanwhile the rest of the house is toasty at 70.

Heading down to -30 tonight with -60 wind chills.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

20 dollar part vs a 5 or 600 replacement machine.

I've replaced a few of those myself. Way cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Washer-Motor-Pump-Drive-Coupler-Whirlpool-Kenmore-Washing-Machine-Parts-Coupling/122675457425?hash=item1c9006ed91:g:pEcAAOSwCndZpiHV:rk:3:pf:0

37 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

When mama wants to do laundry we don't wait on shipments from eBay. 

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

When mama wants to do laundry we don't wait on shipments from eBay.

Can't blame you there. Michelle usually does our laundry on Saturday. I was able to order a drum bearing kit off Ebay and get it installed between Saturdays a couple of weeks ago. I thought that was pretty good. As soon as I got it buttoned back up, the refrigerator quit cooling. :blink:

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Can't blame you there. Michelle usually does our laundry on Saturday. I was able to order a drum bearing kit off Ebay and get it installed between Saturdays a couple of weeks ago. I thought that was pretty good. As soon as I got it buttoned back up, the refrigerator quit cooling. :blink:

It's always something.   These things only break when you need to use them so normally it's a must fix situation, at least for me it is.

Sovtek EL84M power tubes. I've been tube rolling a lot lately and determined that NOS tubes sound better in my amp. The exception are the Psvane Treasure Series black bottle 12AX7 Super Tube and these EL84M's.

They're not expensive and really sound nice. I think these are supposed to be a 5,000 hour tube IIRC.16a798c62ef7137fad438b121a53327d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On the topic of do it yourself ... we gave (sold?) our 2 daughters nearly identical VW Jetta cars.  They both developed an annoying fan noise, rattle and bizarre sounds.  VW wanted $1K to fix.  Electrician son in law does You(fix it)Tube, finds exactly that problem, finds cheap Chinese replacement part, receives part, watches You(now do it)Tube repair video and done in 15 min.  Total cost $25.  Even if the thing only lasts a year, we can replace a few of 'em.  Good grief, I don't mind a bit of cost to pay for all that overhead, etc., but really $25 vs $1,000?

• Like 1