What I Got Today!

Brac

2 hours ago, MC39693 said:

On the topic of do it yourself ... we gave (sold?) our 2 daughters nearly identical VW Jetta cars.  They both developed an annoying fan noise, rattle and bizarre sounds.  VW wanted $1K to fix.  Electrician son in law does You(fix it)Tube, finds exactly that problem, finds cheap Chinese replacement part, receives part, watches You(now do it)Tube repair video and done in 15 min.  Total cost $25.  Even if the thing only lasts a year, we can replace a few of 'em.  Good grief, I don't mind a bit of cost to pay for all that overhead, etc., but really $25 vs $1,000?

$975.00 labor.

JJK

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

All you need now are some sterling silver skulls fixed to the toes.....

Not into the bling Jim. I like cowboy boots in the winter but I like them conservative. Conservative and cheap are two different things. Dress shoes don't work for me with jeans and I'm not particularly fond of tennis shoes in the winter. So the Allen Edmonds and Sketchers are on hiatus for the winter. I ran across the Lucchese giant gator boots pictured above the other day and liked them (I'm a leather fanatic). The wife encouraged me to buy them so I did. The funny part is that I probably won't enjoy them for too long. I've got a cancer tumor on the brain and it's pressing against my brain stem affecting my equilibrium and my memory. Radiation for that but I also take steroids which gives me a giant erection in the mornings. When I get out of bed in the mornings my wife swats me away with a fly swatter because she's afraid of it. 

I tell you this because I feel like my Suburu comment the other day may be responsible for your above comments. If so, then I apologize. I just used Suburu because that was the first thing that came to mind. I still remember when they sold Subaru's at service stations and they looked like this. The cost of getting older. Take care.

Keith

Suburu.png

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, T2K said:

Not into the bling Jim. I like cowboy boots in the winter but I like them conservative. Conservative and cheap are two different things. Dress shoes don't work for me with jeans and I'm not particularly fond of tennis shoes in the winter. So the Allen Edmonds and Sketchers are on hiatus for the winter. I ran across the Lucchese giant gator boots pictured above the other day and liked them (I'm a leather fanatic). The wife encouraged me to buy them so I did. The funny part is that I probably won't enjoy them for too long. I've got a cancer tumor on the brain and it's pressing against my brain stem affecting my equilibrium and my memory. Radiation for that but I also take steroids which gives me a giant erection in the mornings. When I get out of bed in the mornings my wife swats me away with a fly swatter because she's afraid of it. 

I tell you this because I feel like my Suburu comment the other day may be responsible for your above comments. If so, then I apologize. I just used Suburu because that was the first thing that came to mind. I still remember when they sold Subaru's at service stations and they looked like this. The cost of getting older. Take care.

Keith

Suburu.png

Keith, I actually think the boots look great...it was just that when I saw them I flashed to the two cousins on "Breaking Bad" who wore boots with the skulls, which actually looked pretty badass....

No offense taken at the Subaru comment either.  I've had a long, roller coaster relationship with Subaru for many years, as my Dad worked for them and was a VP of North America before he passed away.

Take care.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Take care.

Thanks Jim. The local Honda dealer has one of these (below) on the showroom floor. When I saw it I had just walked up to it unaware and had to stop to look at it for a few seconds. Then I laughed. It is tiny. Those manufacturers have come a long way since the 70's.

Keith

Honda.jpg

• Moderators
3 hours ago, T2K said:

I like cowboy boots in the winter

I only had one pair in my life so I know very little about them but that is a cool looking boot, I like it.

3 hours ago, T2K said:
3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Truly sorry to hear about your misfortune.   Wish you and your family the best.

Thanks pal. Been dealing with it (the big C) or 2 1/2 years. It's humbling.

Keith

Yes hope the best for you and family, but humbling is a huge understatement. 

It changes the way you think of everything, all we really have is family, friends and memories, everything else is not that important.

Good luck to you, I wish you well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

I only had one pair in my life so I know very little about them but that is a cool looking boot, I like it.

Yes hope the best for you and family, but humbling is a huge understatement. 

It changes the way you think of everything, all we really have is family, friends and memories, everything else is not that important.

Good luck to you, I wish you well. 

Thanks dtel. My oncologist says I've had it all. There's nothing else he can do. After radiation, that's it. Six months on the outside. It's been a battle and I love a good challenge. But that last part is really depressing, and I'm an upbeat guy. And a realist. We'll see. The lucky people just drop dead.

I've got a good friend that I've known for decades. He played music in bands for years. In 1995 he had a really devastating accident. Over the following years he got in a really bad place mentally and financially. He lost interest in playing and in music all together. As I talked to him over time I thought of how I could help him, interrupt his mental direction. I thought of his love for music so I bought him Klipsch speakers. The whole 9 yards. It brought him out of his depression. His wife said it changed his direction. All to say, you are right. He still makes a big deal out of it to this day. I told him the other day he almost embarrasses me with it. I told him that was just what friends do for friends. A few bucks don't mean nothing. As you said family, friends, the good times and the memories are all that matter. Keep Smiling.

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Keith,

My late wife posted on a Melanoma forum that "no one gets out alive", but she maintained her sense of humor for the whole trip. My prayers are with you, and have been since you first posted about this.

Bruce

• Like 3