What I Got Today!

Brac

What I got today, Marantz SA-KI 40th Anniversary SACD player,beautiful built like a tank player made to celebrate Ken Ishiwata with Marantz.I love the way the player sounds and the smooth way the drawer opens and closes,plus the top has his signature stenciled on it with a real ruby stone.

IMG_1768.JPG

• Like 5

I went to the dealer looking for a phonostage and while I was there he showed this player ,he played it and I was hooked.I have been playing  my favorite cds and I love how it sounds and the longer it plays the better it sounds.I may need to start a go fund me page when I get my credit statement.

• Like 1

I got another great deal on the used sites. I grabbed a nice pair of DT Mythos Ones and a pair of Sixes. I then dug one of my DT SuperTower STs out of storage for a center channel.

It’s hard to tell but below both statues are DT SuperCubes.

So far I have been thoroughly impressed with the huge ST tower acting as the center. I will have to compare this center to one of my Ultra2 650’s (sold off a few last month but I still have a couple sitting in my storage room) but judging but my movie experience the past few days, the nod is headed towards the ST. I love my Ultra2’s and that will end up in my dedicated home theater, if that dream ever materializes. This ST just seems to be hitting a some type of sweet spot for me at the moment, in this tiny room. The ST is huge though, at about 48” tall so that likely where the slight advantage might be.

Not today but I grabbed all of those items in the past few days. Not really a fan of how high the center is above the tv so I am going to lower it about 4”, so the tweeter is about 4” another the TV.

e24b9177a3b6775cd1ff8c3cfd403b35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went hunting for some Van Winkle here in Vegas yesterday... I found four bottles starting with the 10 year, and special reserve and ending up at 23 year... I decided to not get any, mainly because I'd be drinking my new speakers 😛

Just now, Schu said:

I went hunting for some Van Winkle here in Vegas yesterday... I found four bottles starting with the 10 year, and special reserve and ending up at 23 year... I decided to not get any, mainly because I'd be drinking my new speakers 😛

12 to 15 year is about the sweet spot for those.  I couldn't afford to buy them on the secondary market either.  Look for a bottle of William LaRue Weller.   Same distillery and many think it's better than Pappys.  I have a bottle but haven't opened it yet.   I'm thinking maybe when I retire in a few years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

12 to 15 year is about the sweet spot for those.  I couldn't afford to buy them on the secondary market either.  Look for a bottle of William LaRue Weller.   Same distillery and many think it's better than Pappys.  I have a bottle but haven't opened it yet.   I'm thinking maybe when I retire in a few years. 

Whew . . . scared me for a second.  Glad you’re talking whiskey, not Roman Polanski.

• Like 1