What I Got Today!

Brac

Yo! Any insight to powered side running boards that are factory or REALLY plug and play on 2019 Silverado RST? I read here and there that the truck needs a dealer flash for ANY to work. I will call my salesman tomorrow but .....
I would prefer OEM but I can't seem to find that option on the Chevy build site; they only list fixed not retractable.

8 hours ago, K5SS said:

Time for a CAI, downpipe and a tune;)

I almost ended up with a Golf R, they are awesome cars and super practical. Congratulations!

Way ahead oh you.  Already had a full loaded stage 3 GTI in the past.   Crazy bang for the buck.... Well see what happens with This one 😂.  I pick it up on Thursday, yet I sold the other car already.  Thanks BTW, dream car of mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Way ahead oh you.  Already had a full loaded stage 3 GTI in the past.   Crazy bang for the buck.... Well see what happens with This one 😂.  I pick it up on Thursday, yet I sold the other car already.  Thanks BTW, dream car of mine. 

Ride out the warranty and then see how you feel about it before you void said warranty .

But if you have deep pockets go for it .

I have a 2016 Subaru STi bought new , factory powertrain warranty expired last July . I'd love to just go stage 2 but the old EJ engine worries me . Probably just ride this out until the redesign and new engine .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Yo! Any insight to powered side running boards that are factory or REALLY plug and play on 2019 Silverado RST? I read here and there that the truck needs a dealer flash for ANY to work. I will call my salesman tomorrow but .....
I would prefer OEM but I can't seem to find that option on the Chevy build site; they only list fixed not retractable.

Makes sense.  The vehicle doesn't know that you have that option unless it's programmed,  On our vehicles we have to go to the manufacturers site, add the option, then download the new configuration into the vehicle.  GM probably does something similar.

10 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

I'd love to just go stage 2 but the old EJ engine worries me .

I agree. Reliability for tuned subies VS VWs are two different things.... I have many family and friends with tuned audis and VWs that have put many miles on them with no issues.  I have several friends that have blown motors on subies from minimal mods.... But you are correct, always a bit of a gamble regardless. 

• Like 1

My Stage 2 S3 has been just as reliable since it was stock but I also maintain it more frequently than Audi recommends.

My car has been flagged by Audi, for having a tune. If anything happens to the motor or trans, I will likely be out some serious coin.

With that said, the fun factor of driving it with the extra HP these past 30,000+ miles, has eased my warranty concerns;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, K5SS said:

With that said, the fun factor of driving it with the extra HP these past 30,000+ miles, has eased my warranty concerns;)

Love where your mind is at on this one and I tend to agree.   I put plenty of miles on a stage 3 GTI without a hiccup.  Time for the upgrade.... 

• Like 1