What I Got Today!

Brac

8 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Ghent Audio

Wanted to try some different interconnects.

IMG_5525.jpg

I made some interconnect changes a few weeks back... I am so glad I did. it made a big change in tone.

I went from BBC Belden LC-1 shielded to Belden Furutech RCA Interconnects using Belden silver plated stranded copper.

I love BBC, but this made a world of difference. I had been nearly completely missing from >10k Hz... since restored. I also picked up some LF below 35 Hz as an added bonus.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Ghent Audio  - Wanted to try some different interconnects.

I'm always interested in opinions on cables to see if they change the sound from the old ones.  If there is no difference then that tells us something too.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I'm always interested in opinions on cables to see if they change the sound from the old ones.  If there is no difference then that tells us something too.

Mine was measured... the sound was bothering me and I wasn't 100% sure so I measured and it confirmed I was missing the HF spectrum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

I made some interconnect changes a few weeks back... I am so glad I did. it made a big change in tone.

If you think of it, maybe start a thread on what you did how the sound changed.

@teaman made an interesting post on the Klipsch Owners FB page regarding the use of DIY cables using 999 silver wire.

• Like 2

those guys are brutal... thats asking for trouble. 😛

I made this video mainly to address the 9k Hz dip in the spectrum, but it clearly illustrates that adding these interconnects change the HF above 9k Hz. before the change it was completely rolled off above 10k Hz... the waterfall was completely black above that point.

Sure it's not 100% accurate, but the device was exactly the same before and after the change... the pad is only measuring, not playing audio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

Mine was measured... the sound was bothering me and I wasn't 100% sure so I measured and it confirmed I was missing the HF spectrum.

In which speakers was the sound opened up?

That's interesting to me that you could just listen and have a feeling or idea that there was something missing in the sound.

26 minutes ago, Schu said:

but the device was exactly the same before and after the change... the pad is only measuring, not playing audio.

I'm not sure what the red line is above the yellow.

I sure can see the rolloff though.  Are you sure the source material is playing content above 10K?

What I made today. Four additional  2' X 4' acoustic insulation panels. I am using Owens Corning 703, plywood rips for framing, and Guilford of Maine FR701 fabric. I flipped one around for you to see how I make the backsides and hardware.

I needed additional panels to support the two speakers I installed this week in my dedicated room, which were placed in a Dolby Atmos configuration.

20190222_185016~3.jpg

• Like 6

Every radiated bald head needs a cover. I know well by now, for the third time, that the head gets cold in the winter and blistered in the summer. The first two times I used ball caps and toboggans. I don't like ball caps. I don't like toboggans. I was in a western store a few weeks ago and the wife asked if I wanted to try on a cowboy hat. She had asked previous visits and I laughed and we left. This time I tried one on. Bought one. Never thought it would keep my head that warm and dry. I still laugh every time I pick it up. I don't know why. A hat just isn't me I thought. Then I figured if it brings a smile to my face it will put a smile on others faces. Like eating peanuts. Like speakers/audio. You just can't stop. Next I bought a Stetson 4X. Nice. Then a Stetson 6X. Nicer. My laughs previously were not because of the hats rather because I just couldn't see myself in a cowboy had. Then I did. I like them. They work well with my previously thought of as mere footwear Lucchesse's. And I've always had good luck buying from sellers in Texas/Colorado area. Beginning to need a cane. Got to get a western theme cane next. ;>).

Stetson 72 Llano Chocolate.jpg

Stetson Angus 6X cowboy hat paid $170.00.jpg

Edited by T2K
correct spailling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

That may be a little harder, there are thousands of different canes, just depends on how fancy. 

I surfed earlier with my coffee Eldon. There is some wild walking canes out there, more art than utility. I'll go with the $19.99 utility one probably. I don't expect I'll need it very long, running marathons in 3 months.

Keith

• Like 1