What I Got Today!

Brac

5 minutes ago, T2K said:

Trying to get a rise out of schu.

=== he did come to mind — ! But indeed HP can be easily coaxed from the Mustang 5.0 having double overhead cams with variable valve timing. Plus the 5.0 runs up to 7500 rpm, far greater than our pushrod engines. I’m good friends with a verifiable tuning genius particularly when Prochragers are involved (and Mustangs). 

3 hours ago, T2K said:

The 168 mile round trip yesterday was all that I could stand yesterday so I finally got around to reading the literature today Chuck. So here it is...

6.2 LT1 V-8

Compression Ratio 11.5:1

455 HP @6000 rpm

455 lb.-ft @4400 rpm

373:1 axle ratio

0-60 4.3 seconds

12.5 seconds @ 115 mph

top speed 175 mph

stopping distance 60 to 0 mph 107 ft. 6-piston monobloc Brembo front 4-piston rear

3685 lbs

That's about it other than I can describe perfectly to you the grill on the new Mustangs. Well maybe not perfectly because they were way back looking thru my rear view.

Keith

Pretty impressive numbers. It's actually quite a bit lighter than I thought. That stopping distance number is very good.

8 hours ago, T2K said:

The 168 mile round trip yesterday was all that I could stand yesterday so I finally got around to reading the literature today Chuck. So here it is...

6.2 LT1 V-8

Compression Ratio 11.5:1

455 HP @6000 rpm

455 lb.-ft @4400 rpm

373:1 axle ratio

0-60 4.3 seconds

12.5 seconds @ 115 mph

top speed 175 mph

stopping distance 60 to 0 mph 107 ft. 6-piston monobloc Brembo front 4-piston rear

3685 lbs

That's about it other than I can describe perfectly to you the grill on the new Mustangs. Well maybe not perfectly because they were way back looking thru my rear view.

Keith

Very very nice sir. I believe my ‘13 is only around 400 (maybe 390). I still love it though. The requirement was a convertible so it’s better than a Chrysler of some sort 😎

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schu said:

I'm gonna have to Google power sequencer... :)

I found out by accident/chance that if I leave the electronic crossover on while turning off the power amps and then after a delay power down the crossover that the power off "thumps" are eliminated. Since this equipment is remotely located I had been shutting everything off together. And since I work for an industrial automation company I thought I could make that happen automatically. And thus it is so. Basically when the remote power amp switch is turned on the black outlets come on immediately. Then after a programmable delay the white outlets turn on and after another programmable delay the gray outlets come on. Upon power off the sequence is reversed with their own programmable delays.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, babadono said:

I found out by accident/chance that if I leave the electronic crossover on while turning off the power amps and then after a delay power down the crossover that the power off "thumps" are eliminated. Since this equipment is remotely located I had been shutting everything off together. And since I work for an industrial automation company I thought I could make that happen automatically. And thus it is so. Basically when the remote power amp switch is turned on the black outlets come on immediately. Then after a programmable delay the white outlets turn on and after another programmable delay the gray outlets come on. Upon power off the sequence is reversed with their own programmable delays.

=== OK, but how’s it sound — ?

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Pretty impressive numbers. It's actually quite a bit lighter than I thought. That stopping distance number is very good.

Numbers don't mean anything! I built a Pinto from scratch with all 2ga wires.......oh wait, wrong thread. Sorry! Carry on.