What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators

Got some pine needles today, and yesterday, but it's not as crazy as it sounds I needed to mulch the garden. A few years ago the wife came back from the feed store with the back of the Jeep Cherokee full of bails of pine straw and I put it out and it didn't go very far, it's a good size garden.

The bails cost $60-$70 so I told her I was going to take the tractor and some plastic contractor bags and go across the street and see if I could get some, nothing but tall trees for acres.

.  In an hour I filled up 4 giant bags and the tractor bucket, which went further than the bails. 

So raked almost 1.5 hours between yesterday and today and saved at least $120, yes I am cheap and need the exercise. Still far from done, it will take a bunch more trips, but there is no rush.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:
6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

C'mon man, what are your initial impressions, compared to stock?

You don't know?  He's waxed poetic about those in the past.

Was  @SWL the first one to find those?  I remember the thread, but how is it they are just now being installed?

I have images of my mind of sticking those in my CF-4's but that would be silly of me.

C'mon man, what are your initial impressions, compared to stock?
Well this is my second quad. I put these woofers in my other 30's in my main system last year about the same time.

Compared to stock.....better build quality but most of all they just flat out sound better. They're tighter, cleaner, punchier and give the speaker an overall better sound. Although I power mine with low powered tubes most of the time, they love big power thrown at them.

.....and THAT my friend, puts a big grin on my face.[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally got to where I can post the details on my Indiana trip. The last 3 day, had me talking it up with 3 different audio nuts in 3 different locations. My host in Indiana was great. Entertained until 10:30PM before I even got to the loading them up part. Stayed the night in Elkhart. Enjoyed the trip back the next day. Got everything inside just after dark. It was not easy moving 6 speakers (85 pounds) around to rearrange things. Some compromises are obviously required in my small JBL room. I really needed these for a seamless center channel.

Thanks to SaturationPt on the AK site for this opportunity

Thanks to @jimjimbo for the good cheer

Thanks to Mike, a local guy who trades for coming over to check it out.

Here they are.......JBL 240Ti

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

And the now the front stage looks like this. I took out the L100T3's. The darker pair is running in 2 channel on a separate system.

IMG_5996.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

What will you display? 

Nice cabinet.

I’ve wanted to have a nerd cabinet, where I display movie collectibles and Sideshow figures. I will likely save one of the shelves for some toys from my childhood, like Star Wars, He Man, Thundercats etc. 

USNRET, that is exactly what my brother said when he saw it. Haha! He wanted me to stand inside it with the light on and snap a pic but I was afraid I night break the base. I wouldn't object if it came with the ability to beam up a specimen like her, that’s for sure..

• Like 1