What I Got Today!

Brac

Picked up about 10 gallons of spent brewery grains today from a place just down the road from my new job. Hoping to do this a couple of times a week and use them to augment feed for my pigs, goats, and poultry, homemade bread, and compost once they start naturally fermenting and are no longer good for consumption (about 36 hours).

53921398_10161467763290317_6777535943017

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

Woooo... I bet that's "gasy" :)

Ha, it's something. Only learned about these as a resource recently and there's another local farmer that's got an existing relationship to grab these from both breweries in town. One, however, said that I was welcome to come and grab whenever available - so we'll see how the animals like them and if they make good bread. If not, it was a fun experiment.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SWL said:

Custom made glass tops for KLF-30's.96b28c5713179e2a61977cb5ae6aa064.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very nice! Locally sourced or internet? I've often considered these for my la scalas, but then lose interest when getting started to find a source.. Pm me some details if you got yours online?

Very nice! Locally sourced or internet? I've often considered these for my la scalas, but then lose interest when getting started to find a source.. Pm me some details if you got yours online?
Not online.....just went to a local glass joint close by and told them what I wanted. It was surprisingly cheap. $15.00 for each speaker.

I've often considered these for my la scalas, but then lose interest when getting started to find a source.

Same here....for years. I found a place that on their website said they make glass tops for furniture....coffee tables, end tables etc. etc.

Went there in the morning, gave them the dimensions and thickness I wanted......they had them done in the afternoon.....same day!

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Picked up about 10 gallons of spent brewery grains today from a place just down the road from my new job. Hoping to do this a couple of times a week and use them to augment feed for my pigs, goats, and poultry, homemade bread, and compost once they start naturally fermenting and are no longer good for consumption (about 36 hours).

53921398_10161467763290317_6777535943017

Bring some to hope, Carl will put that in his martinis… 

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Bring some to hope, Carl will put that in his martinis… 

Ha! I tasted them and they were fairly bland. The pigs and chickens scarfed it down and the goats snubbed them entirely. We'll see how things go this week, but two buckets twice a week is probably sufficient for animals, homemade bread, and compost if the goats are decidedly against eating them.

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Same here....for years. I found a place that on their website said they make glass tops for furniture....coffee tables, end tables etc. etc.

Went there in the morning, gave them the dimensions and thickness I wanted......they had them done in the afternoon.....same day!

Good info, thanks!

• Like 1