What I Got Today!

Brac

Got the top row of my new display cabinet filled up. I still need to add the lighted stones to the gauntlet. In your best Ricky Bobby voice, “full nerd mode, engage”
c2eca573f1c7a3a8dd5d29c932233b89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Schu said:

New life!

Awesome... and congratulations 

Thanks.  All natural child birth with no meds.  She's a strong girl.  It must have been rough as she ruptured blood vessels in both eyes pushing.  Last night when I went to visit she was up and around with a great attitude.

• Like 3

On 4/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Davis said:

Court side Pacer tickets. Puts the game into perspective about how hard these guys are playing20190401_193759A.thumb.jpg.87db7d9e1eb909b2c0f7dd7035aa82cd.jpgying.

Great seats. Pacers are doing ok without Vic, but they miss him.

On 4/4/2019 at 3:55 PM, CECAA850 said:

Congrats Grandpaw.....that's what it's all about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Court side Pacer tickets. Puts the game into perspective about how hard these guys are playing

Sitting baseline shooting gives you an entirely new perspective on life.  Those guys beat the heck out of each other under that hole then turn and back down the floor they go for more!

On 4/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, 314carpenter said:

Bi-amp, Tri-amp, Balanced, or full 6 channels, what ever you want.

CAV-150 SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 KHz +/- 0.1 dB
Sensitivity: 1.2 Volt in for rated output
Input Impedance: 75 Kohms (single ended)
16 Kohms (balanced)
Output Impedance: 0.05 Ohm
Gain: 29 dB
S/N Ratio: More than 135 dB
THD+N: 0.004%
Maximum power and
Channel configuration With 8 Ohms load
Six (6) Channels 150 Watts x 6
Five (5) Channels 300 Watts x 1 (bridged)
150 Watts x 4
Four (4) Channels 300 Watts x 2 (bridged)
150 Watts x 2
Three (3) Channels 300 Watts x 3 (bridged)
Power Consumption (idle): 225 Watts
Power input: 110V 60Hz
Dimensions: Gross: 14" x 25 1/2" x 25"
Net: 6 3/4" x 19" x 21 1/2"
Weight: Gross: 85 lbs.
Net: 70 lbs.

IMG_6155.JPG

Hey Threeonefour,

I love the Canuck content, GREAT amp!!!

As I look at my CA-150 which runs my bass bins, I realize, my whole rack is almost Canadian.

Musical Paridise MP-D2 tube DAC

Sonic Frontiers Line One preamp

Xilica XP 4080 Xover

CA-150, bass amp

Triode Labs 2A3 tube, HF amp

I will call my speakers Canadian, home brew... Peavey FH-1 /  K510s.

Electronics.jpg

system.jpg

• Thanks 1

A Triode lab owner... AWESOME!

are you in Canada?

I am curious, can you talk about your TL amplifier please... I am almost buying one and I have been going back and forth about doing it. I've been talking with Frank ing and I am almost there. Looks like your are equipped with Hashimoto transformers which is exactly what I want... but I am look at a different model 2a3 Triode lab amps

I think I want the 2a3m ffx, but the 2a3s ffx is a little cheaper  

18 minutes ago, Schu said:

A Triode lab owner... AWESOME!

are you in Canada?

I am curious, can you talk about your TL amplifier please... I am almost buying one and I have been going back and forth about doing it. I've been talking with Frank ing and I am almost there. Looks like your are equipped with Hashimoto transformers which is exactly what I want... but I am look at a different model 2a3 Triode lab amps

I think I want the 2a3m ffx, but the 2a3s ffx is a little cheaper  

Normally, I try not to get out there with VW guys (especially from Vegas  🤔 ), but...

Mr Frank Ing is about as good as you could ask for a straight shooter to be.

Mine are not Hashimoto (James) transformers... IMG_1047.thumb.JPG.8ab5abd6692149c493381beeec5a1230.JPG

But, Hashimoto are fantastic and Frank will NOT build an amplifier that will not blow you away!!!

I am fortunate to live only about 20-25 minutes from his house, by happenstance.

A couple or so years ago when I was looking for a nice SET amp I was referred Frank and dropped by his shop, end of story!

Frank has been at my house several times to listen to my Cornscalas (at the time) and took the time to fine tune "my amp" ...

he actually swapped out coupling caps on my kitchen counter to make things great!

I think you have Craig's VRDs, going with SET from Frank... you will have the best of both worlds.

Fill free to use me as a reference to Frank, will probably not matter as he will still give you his primo service!!!

Tom, from Newmarket...

I was originally looking at one of Frank's EL84 amps and we tried a couple  amplifiers at my house with the Cornscalas.

I forget which EL84 model I preferred but when Frank heard it on my speakers he felt he should swap out the (I think) Jensen's for some Mundorf Supreme's SGOs.

This is when I became a believer that caps can have a huge influence on sound!

After we got the EL84 amp nailed down, Frank suggested that I consider the 2A3 tube.

I took Frank's advise and had him build the amp shown above, I could not be happier!!!

Fantastic detail with the then Cornscalas, then Jub-Likes and not my Peavey/510s!

This is what I went with... optioned out as Frank saw fit based on my room and speakers...

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/triodelab/1.html

Both my SF preamp and MP DAC now have similar Mundorf SGO caps in them, thanks to Frank.

You will not regret going with Triode Labs, Frank is a fantastic builder.

• Like 1

https://www.toolshedamps.com/custom-amplifiers

Check these out. Would be my local builder if I needed one. They have been used for powering several different klipsch conventions including CES2018. I just got off the phone an hour ago with the owner Matt. Funny thing, he had a local Craigslist ad for a pair of Cornwall III with 70th anniversary grills for sale. When he returned the call we chatted about Roy Delgado, tube power vs SS, and Anthem pre/pro's for multi channnel. Oh, and those CWIII's are walnut in the original box with 500 hours $3K and local pick-up only.