What I Got Today!

Brac

32608040557_ed7b531371_k.jpg

Wow... just wow!

If you're one that has a fondness for the compositional talents of the likes of Steven Reich and Phillip Glass, run (do not walk) to this newly released compilation of artists in that similar vane. A two CD set where Phillip Glass contributed one song, the entire first CD is scored by a man named David Skidmore (third coast percussion), its truly an amazing CD.

That looks like a very nice unit. looks as though it could be very quite while still capable of purifying many cubic feet of space. I love the air purifier I have, especially in the theater room. I hate seeing dust moving around the projector lens. I just leave it run and turn it off when it is movie night.

• Like 1

Got another shelf “done” I am not super happy with this one so changes will be made.

The quality just isn’t up to the metal Avenger collection I posted on the last page. These weren’t nearly as expensive though and they are still pretty cool.

2482223294d4600db8bac243fc8f84c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've just fixed what my rig was missing. It's also what I've never had before. Just about full range frequency response!

I've had the excellent clarity of Klipsch Heritage Sound for a while. Not in the proper tax bracket to afford one of the big two with the folded horn woofers, but I'm much closer tonight. To top it off when I turned on the power there was a top - notch test tune streaming through at 320 kbps! 

Now along with the excellent treble and imaging from the Forte IIIs I've got the bass extended down to where it can be felt. After I finished messing with it a little bit it sounded like the new lower bass was coming from the speakers opposite the sub. Everywhere in there sounds like the sweet-spot. Only when I get down right in front of it can I pinpoint that the bass is coming from the little box. Cool, it's the SVS SB-3000 and it's a ton better than the 2000 I tried out last year! Way more than necessary for the small room now!

IMG-20190410-201054.jpg

IMG-20190410-201214.jpg

• Like 6

The extreme polishing (compounding and clay bar wash) and ceramic coating came to $1365.  I left the car with them longer than usual (7 days) since they don't like to deliver in the rain.  The extra time gave them a chance to cure it twice with infrared lamps.  The Modesta ceramic coating alone is $895 and is fairly labor intensive since special attention is paid to adjacent surfaces.  Too early to say about the performance.

I have been looking for an affordable 35is and found one 125 miles from home.  A 2012 with 23,000 miles, 335hp.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've just fixed what my rig was missing. It's also what I've never had before. Just about full range frequency response!

I've had the excellent clarity of Klipsch Heritage Sound for a while. Not in the proper tax bracket to afford one of the big two with the folded horn woofers, but I'm much closer tonight. To top it off when I turned on the power there was a top - notch test tune streaming through at 320 kbps! 

Now along with the excellent treble and imaging from the Forte IIIs I've got the bass extended down to where it can be felt. After I finished messing with it a little bit it sounded like the new lower bass was coming from the speakers opposite the sub. Everywhere in there sounds like the sweet-spot. Only when I get down right in front of it can I pinpoint that the bass is coming from the little box. Cool, it's the SVS SB-3000 and it's a ton better than the 2000 I tried out last year! Way more than necessary for the small room now!

IMG-20190410-201054.jpg

IMG-20190410-201214.jpg

Glad you found a a good one. I tried a couple of different subs with my LSII's and it just wasn't right. Like definitely a speaker playing and a sub playing no matter where I crossed things. Inserted a P312 and magic happened. I know horn loaded subs are supposed to be the right thing but this sub is invisible. I guess rooms, electronics, placement and other unknown factors come in to play. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1