What I Got Today!

Brac

On 4/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, CECAA850 said:

Thanks.  All natural child birth with no meds.  She's a strong girl.  It must have been rough as she ruptured blood vessels in both eyes pushing.  Last night when I went to visit she was up and around with a great attitude.

No meds is best! I'm an RN, glad she and babies all OK!

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

Congrats Schu!

thank you sir...

I had to change my set up for the next year or so... I went back to my Modified Cornwalls and hid the LSii's in a spare room.

47715879861_51889090ef_k.jpg

They now have names... the grey one is Uzi and the black face is Owen.

Pooping and peeing machines

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Schu said:

They now have names... the grey one is Uzi and the black face is Owen.

Pooping and peeing machines

Good name choices, short and distinctly different from the other. The training stage is awesome, not easy but oh so rewarding. My puppy training experience is only with Lab and a German Sheppard pups and no knuckleheads so I'm probably luckier than most.

• Like 1

Picking them up tomorrow morning. KP-201's with one little ding and stands. Never had a set before and this looks like a good one to get. Capacitors on order and maybe a new MAHL tweeter too. Recap for sure though and I have heard so much about these I could not say no. 

KP-201.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Picking them up tomorrow morning. KP-201's with one little ding and stands. Never had a set before and this looks like a good one to get. Capacitors on order and maybe a new MAHL tweeter too. Recap for sure though and I have heard so much about these I could not say no. 

KP-201.jpg

I had a pair of those in that finish, albeit with factory installed eyelets for hanging. great speakers, basically H2's with a tweeter protection diode.

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I had a pair of those in that finish, albeit with factory installed eyelets for hanging. great speakers, basically H2's with a tweeter protection diode.

I am considering fixing these up with new tweeters but painting them black. For the first time I think with these it will be needed as that all black look is nice on this set. How did yours sound?

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Like heresy ii's :P

I never felt the need to change anything on them, and had them up on ikea lack tables, paired with a sub.

You mean you never recapped them? They will sound better if you do I can assure you. All the old mylar and oil can capacitors I have measured are at the very least high ESR and capacitance normally has drifted too.

37 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I am considering fixing these up with new tweeters but painting them black. For the first time I think with these it will be needed as that all black look is nice on this set. How did yours sound?

I replaced the tweeter diaphragms with Bob's Titaniums and it was in your face noticeable on KP250's 

39 minutes ago, Dave A said:

As a fan of that speaker I ask that you don't paint them black and leave them as is. But they are yours, do as you please 😀 

I just really like the industrial look with the unfinished cab and black metal grill. Painting the cabs black would make them far less unique. Nice score!