What I Got Today!

Brac

I got a phone call today. 

One of my Standard Poodle pups chewed a power supply wire to unrepairable. Yesterday, I ordered two from Sweetwater.com. This morning, Reid at Sweetwater called to chat about my gear, asked if I had any questions, and told me that the order shipped. I thought forum members would be interested in checking out an audio related business that actually talks to its customers. 

SSH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A pair of "mostly finished" Exodus Anarchy tapped horn subs and a Crown 1002 XLS amp to power them. Since my wife left me   (to visit grandkids in Co. she got me the amp for Christmas) I decided to bring them in from the garage and test them out. After the Berlin Philharmonic played Brandenburg Concertos 2 and 5, Steppenwolf played The Pusher and Magic Carpet Ride, then Creedence played their greatest hits. Quite a difference with the enhanced bottom end.

Me Gusta!

Next, back to the garage for final sanding and stain, then they come to live inside.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You don't see many yellow Kawasakis....nice.

Back story:

Most of the people I used to ride with or race against have gotten away from the go fast rockets and now ride a KLR or something similar. I have made many excuses why I can't get one (beside the point that I can not be trusted with women or motorcycles). I have watched the market for a few years. Yesterday, an ad was posted on FB MP with this bike. Graduated from college and was ready to move without the bike. It had ~1,300 miles, a seargan seat, the GIVI bags...and I liked the color.

My first street bike was a 78' GS750. I had leather bags that, when bagged with trash bags, kept my stuff mostly dry when it rained.

Second street bike was a 92' FJ1200. I rode it close to 50K miles ( and still ride it). Canvas bags that had rain socks if needed... they helped but were lacking

I have so wanted a set of bags like these. 

Yes, I love to color. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Back story:

Most of the people I used to ride with or race against have gotten away from the go fast rockets and now ride a KLR or something similar. I have made many excuses why I can't get one (beside the point that I can not be trusted with women or motorcycles). I have watched the market for a few years. Yesterday, an ad was posted on FB MP with this bike. Graduated from college and was ready to move without the bike. It had ~1,300 miles, a seargan seat, the GIVI bags...and I liked the color.

My first street bike was a 78' GS750. I had leather bags that, when bagged with trash bags, kept my stuff mostly dry when it rained.

Second street bike was a 92' FJ1200. I rode it close to 50K miles ( and still ride it). Canvas bags that had rain socks if needed... they helped but were lacking

I have so wanted a set of bags like these. 

Yes, I love to color. 

Sounds familiar. 3 out of 4 of the only guys I ride with have all gone the adventure bike route. I just can't get excited about one yet, maybe someday. Funny story...3 of us were riding home from the Moto-GP race a few years ago, on highway 70. I noticed one bike was missing (no headlight) I pointed to another friend like to say "where's Josh"? He kind of shook his head and pointed ahead, like no big deal. As soon as we got off the interstate we stopped and I asked "where's Josh"? Charlie said Josh recently cut a piece of fence out along the highway, so he could take a shortcut to get home faster. We rode on to Josh's house and he was already there, he was on an XR650.

10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

maybe someday.

That was me until Friday. I left at 6am yesterday to ride all back roads to go look at a farm tractor several counties away. On the way back I came upon a roadblock due to a crane setup on a bridge (wasn't there a couple of hours before). I rolled past the traffic and asked the flagger how long they would be - hours, he said. The outriggers were down and the boom was up, but nothing was being lifted yet. He said I couldn't get through, but he let me try. I might have been able to take off the bags (one had pepper plants in it from a feed store I passed)  and work my way between the concrete and outriggers, but that was plan B. I eased under the outriggers and had to be level or get grease on my mirrors (less than a half inch). The next flagger I passed laughed and said sometimes it pays to be on a motorcycle lol. I got home and found a spot of grease on the back of my helmet lol. 

21 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Josh recently cut a piece of fence out along the highway, so he could take a shortcut to get home faster.

Haven't we all wanted to do that 🤣

• Like 2