What I Got Today!

Brac

In the latter 1990's, I was at a BMW motorcycle rally, had gotten there fairly early...and this young lady rolled in on her F650 and "it seemed loaded for bear"...she set up her tent nearby, and walked over to the table I was at and joined me there....I asked her if she wanted a beer, and went to got one for her...came back, and we chatted for awhile.  She had a European accent, and told me she was a massage therapist from Slovenia...her name was Benka Pulko…and she asked me where I was from...so I told her: North West Arkansas...Fort Smith.  She told me that she intended to ride in northern Arkansas after the rally.  Eventually we got to know more about each other.  She was going on a round-the-world trip on her F650!  And she was on the North American leg of it, but intended to go to South America next..ALL THE WAY TO ITS TIP...and if she could find somebody WILLING to do it, she intended to catch a ride to ANTARCTICA with her bike!  I was totally ENTHRALLED by then!  LOL!  She said that nobody had ever done Antarctica on a round-the-world trip before and she wanted to do it on hers!  TOO FUNNY!  Well we partied some and over that rally weekend she made many friends...so we all decided to follow her trip however we could...she gave us the info on how to do it!  So, long story short...she completed that round-the-world journey...to include ANTARCTICA!  As is normally usual, after someone achieves "celebrity" status, negative things tend to crawl out of the woodwork about them.  This also happened to Benka!  I'm normally a pretty good judge of character, and can most often pick-up on whether somebody is "full of it" or not...and with Benka, I did NOT get any of those vibes at all!  She had a happy and excited way about her...and I enjoyed our short time together!

Benka-Pulko.jpg.40d03fc021d3ff436b1bd29edac39f3f.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That was me until Friday. I left at 6am yesterday to ride all back roads to go look at a farm tractor several counties away. On the way back I came upon a roadblock due to a crane setup on a bridge (wasn't there a couple of hours before). I rolled past the traffic and asked the flagger how long they would be - hours, he said. The outriggers were down and the boom was up, but nothing was being lifted yet. He said I couldn't get through, but he let me try. I might have been able to take off the bags (one had pepper plants in it from a feed store I passed)  and work my way between the concrete and outriggers, but that was plan B. I eased under the outriggers and had to be level or get grease on my mirrors (less than a half inch). The next flagger I passed laughed and said sometimes it pays to be on a motorcycle lol. I got home and found a spot of grease on the back of my helmet lol. 

Haven't we all wanted to do that 🤣

Yep, we were only 6 miles outside of Indy, it was pretty busy!

I believe the Army uses that Kawasaki, but they equipped it to run diesel.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Benka loved riding, so she'll probably be doing it as long as she can.  When she found out that I had been a paratrooper, she remarked that she had always wanted to try out parachuting.  Later, as I was following along on her North-American progress on her trip, she soon got her chance to jump out of planes, and ended up getting a sky-diving rig and carrying it along on her F650 for most of rest of her journey, just in case she got a chance to make a few jumps here and there along her way around the world!  Too funny!  She is a very adventure-hearted young woman!

• Like 1

Well, curiosity got the best of me. I started a thread asking opinions on Monster amplifiers, specifically the MPA 5151, but didn’t get any feedback. There was one local to me that popped up for $550, I offered $450 and they declined but accepted $500.

I read a bunch of reviews online and the only negative comments were from people saying that they hate Monster’s customer service and what seems to be price gouging and at $3,500, who can blame them, right?

The actual audio reviews were all very positive, some comparing them to amplifiers well up the food chain. I can tell you that this 80lb beast is every bit as good as the XPA Emotivas, B&K 200.7 S2 and Proceed HPA3 that I have owned in the past.

This amp really changed my entire system, for the better. I am supper happy I pulled the trigger this morning!

The blue lights? Can’t say I am a huge fan. Luckily, they can be dimmed and more importantly, turned off.

30da94b0f0789a938637b2afa3305371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

You know, just another run-of-the-mill Sunday...

LOL!  At least you had a comment, I didn't know what to say after seeing all that stuff.  @A1UC talks about picking up a few items the way I talk about picking up a loaf of bread, but I think we have different budgets here.  I have to Google everything he gets just so I can stay in the conversation. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, I’m a little late to the party and received this Denon ARV-X3500H a week ago. I have a Marantz SR5012 (2017 model) that I’ve been using for about a year and a half in our Living Room Home Theater System (5.1.2) and really like it, but I’ve always been curious about the Denon from the same model/feature/capabilities level, so I decided to try out the AVR-X3500H (2018 model) since it has some updated capabilities over the 2017 model. I’m still tinkering with the Denon’s settings, but I like it as much as the Marantz, but even to these old ears there are some subtle differences in the sound between the two (no negatives). I will keep both of them, but switch them occasionally.

72245195_WIGT-IMG_1669.thumb.jpg.07f168288d45b031d7513786d1810cc3.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Buck115 said:

Actually, I’m a little late to the party and received this Denon ARV-X3500H a week ago. I have a Marantz SR5012 (2017 model) that I’ve been using for about a year and a half in our Living Room Home Theater System (5.1.2) and really like it, but I’ve always been curious about the Denon from the same model/feature/capabilities level, so I decided to try out the AVR-X3500H (2018 model) since it has some updated capabilities over the 2017 model. I’m still tinkering with the Denon’s settings, but I like it as much as the Marantz, but even to these old ears there are some subtle differences in the sound between the two (no negatives). I will keep both of them, but switch them occasionally.

72245195_WIGT-IMG_1669.thumb.jpg.07f168288d45b031d7513786d1810cc3.jpg

I was surprised that the Denon instruction manual weighs almost as much as the unit itself. (My downloaded manual is 276 pages, 8.5" x 11" in a three ring binder and weighs 5.4 pounds.)

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@A1UC that ML centre channel must be awesome, I have a Theatre I and love it. Let us know what you think of it.

Agree! Klipsch needs to make a limited run, horizontally configured RF-7 III. Not that it would compete with that ML center A1UC just picked up but I am sure there are quite a few people out there that would benefit greatly, with such a speaker. 

16 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

You don't know the illegalization of cannabis story, eh? After being LEGAL for 5000+ years and never harming anyone? Used industrially for YEARS! 

John Kuthe...

Have a toke and a B) !

mmm honey! Cut the sugar in half and put some honey in the gallon of tea one day last week. I'ts nice every now and then.

• Like 2