What I Got Today!

Brac

33 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I didn't waste time in upgrading!  I picked up some CT120's and A/4500's and I am very happy so far.  I will likely upgrade to the A-55G soon and replace the bass drivers.

48058226572_c2f8cf4726_b.jpg

48058224857_d4ef62cd19_b.jpg

Very cool! Im Probably getting those xo as well. Please post your opinion. Are you replacing AA?

Nm I see you have 78 ls so AA (I also have 78 Lascalas 👍)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Very cool! Im Probably getting those xo as well. Please post your opinion. Are you replacing AA?

Nm I see you have 78 ls so AA (I also have 78 Lascalas 👍)

Someone did some swapping on mine before I got them.  They had AL's and the squawker had been replaced with a K-55-M (which sounds good and the cap is sealed). 

I like the high end extension of the new tweeters.  Coming from RF-62's, I was missing it with the stock speakers (some of that could have been crossovers).  The squawker/horn is less in your face now, but balances out nicely.  I'll still need listen to them more, but I will probably just sell the old parts to recoup money from upgrading as I don't plan to put them back in.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Someone did some swapping on mine before I got them.  They had AL's and the squawker had been replaced with a K-55-M (which sounds good and the cap is sealed). 

I like the high end extension of the new tweeters.  Coming from RF-62's, I was missing it with the stock speakers (some of that could have been crossovers).  The squawker/horn is less in your face now, but balances out nicely.  I'll still need listen to them more, but I will probably just sell the old parts to recoup money from upgrading as I don't plan to put them back in.   

Ive had rf-62. So many speakers in-between (rf82,rf7ll,cornwalls,kpt-904,heresy)now la scalas. That is quite a jump indeed. Enjoy....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Ive had rf-62. So many speakers in-between (rf82,rf7ll,cornwalls,kpt-904,heresy)now la scalas. That is quite a jump indeed. Enjoy....

I grew up with my dad having a set of La Scala's that he purchased in 1982 and knew what they'd sound like...  So I knew I'd be changing some things.  Overall, I wish I had bought these sooner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I grew up with my dad having a set of La Scala's that he purchased in 1982 and knew what they'd sound like...  So I knew I'd be changing some things.  Overall, I wish I had bought these sooner.

Ha! So true... You where at least lucky to get the klipsch brand experience early. Sadly my adventure into pwk land didn't come tell about 20 years into my audio hobby. After years with brands I won't bore anyone with. I got my first pair of small klipsch reference monitors. I knew about klipsch mind you. Just for what ever reason never brought a pair home "rolls eyes with how dumb was I look"