What I Got Today!

Brac

5 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

love that avatar by the way! Wish I would have thought of it

Did some post graduate studies in AstroPhysics and was always thrilled by Einstein's field equations ... haha; never was able to solve them :( 

{\displaystyle R_{\mu \nu }-{\tfrac {1}{2}}R\,g_{\mu \nu }+\Lambda g_{\mu \nu }={\frac {8\pi G}{c^{4}}}T_{\mu \nu }}

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

link to that sub?

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-15-ultimax-subwoofer-and-cabinet-bundle--300-7097 ... but I substituted another woofer ... sorry; can't recall which one.  Haha; you will have to veneer it yourself :D  Got a Dayton Audio SA1000 off eBay (for $200) to power it :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

svs I believe 

Close... It's gotta Klipsch badge for a reason. 

My Jeep has a Mercedes diesel in it. 😛

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I saw a Toyota with a Mercedes badge on the road the other day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Emile said:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-15-ultimax-subwoofer-and-cabinet-bundle--300-7097 ... but I substituted another woofer ... sorry; can't recall which one.  Haha; you will have to veneer it yourself :D  Got a Dayton Audio SA1000 off eBay (for $200) to power it :D 

Cheers, Emile

That looks like a fun kit. I would like to get some experience in veneering (would love to do a cherry on my La scalals some day). Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

would like to get some experience in veneering

Actually, was a lot easier than I thought :D  Just cut the veneer to match ... glue ... done :D  Think I did the sub with walnut veneer for much less than $100 :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Actually, was a lot easier than I thought :D  Just cut the veneer to match ... glue ... done :D  Think I did the sub with walnut veneer for much less than $100 :) 

As a kid I worked in two different wood shops. Staining and top-coating but never in veneer. A square box would be great experience 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

but I substituted another woofer ... sorry; can't recall which one. 

You got the RSS390 HO.  You might have gotten the HF, but I think it was the HO, same as I have.  (I have the Umax 15 and a Reference 15)

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-15-reference-series-ho-subwoofer-and-cabinet-bundle--300-7093

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, Edgar said:

Here's a photo of what FedEx delivered to my front stoop yesterday. This will be a mono enclosure that I designed for the vintage Jensen H222 coax that my father left me.

First test-fit, after a lot of prep work that, unfortunately, will all be invisible. No glue, yet.

Trying to decide on how to finish it. If I go for piano black, then it will look like something from 2001 A Space Odyssey. Perhaps pearl white, but then it will look like a college dorm refrigerator. I've also never done either of those finishes before. I know how to apply veneer, but exotic woods are very expensive. I could do Formica, but that can look cheap. Any suggestions?

- Greg

Hpim1337.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't get anything today but my youngest daughter did!  I got this pic and the message "Daddy look what I got today" w/hearts.  All I can say is it wasn't one of mine cause she found it in Phoenix somewhere.  There could be hope for her yet and I'm runnin thru the beads!  She has a bad habit of wearing my tour t-shirts for dresses...  

31972.jpeg

• Like 4