What I Got Today!

Brac

On 6/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, Emile said:

OK; got some "listening chairs" for my stereo room :D 

https://photos.offerup.com/sD8vXiM8rIcHAlRG4xoD2GqwGJM=/600x1066/9ce7/9ce7de1c11de41e1b4c2d9ab3d5982a4.jpg

I really like the look and design of the Poang and thought about one for my room. But I hope you have better luck  than I had.  I bought a leather stressless chair and ottoman a few weeks ago and after a weekend I couldn't stand what the leather headrest did to the tonal balance of the music. And everything sounded "closed in". I took it back to the store on Monday. I much prefer my old chair and 1/2 that has a low back rest with nothing to interfere with the sound.

Shakey

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

I couldn't stand what the leather headrest did to the tonal balance of the music. And everything sounded "closed in"

Darn :(  Guess I'm lucky ... I'm about 6' 3" and the headrest hits my neck ... my ears are above it :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

going from a 980 should be a bit of an upgrade

Yes; think the picture quality is better :)  Haha; had my Oppo 980 AND a Sony X800 (for blu ray) hooked up in my main system ... wife was never able to figure it out without an "assist" ... so ONE player will be easier (on her) :D  

So; took my old Oppo 980 to my stereo room ... think it's better than my NAD C542 player :)  But; major pain in the a$$ ... have 2 preamps in this room ... of course I could not figure out anymore what goes where to where :(  Oh well; trying to sell (give away) some stuff ... then I'll start from scratch :) 

Trying to sell a TEAC GX-77 reel to reel deck and a Marantz 1030. Anyone? Put it on CL ... not on Garage Sale since I really do not feel like "packing" it for transport.

Cheers, Emile