What I Got Today!

Brac

Finally made my road-trip to pick-up my Klipsch SW-15 subwoofer purchase from e-bay.....from Jonesboro, AR to Plano, TX ...over 450 miles one-way!  The unit is fully-functional, and cosmetically excellent in clear oak finish.  The only thing that needs replacing are the feet (currently three un-covered spikes with one covered spike!), and I already have that parts "replacement" covered.  The plan is to eventually use this up front with four Heresy speakers and an additional SW-8 in clear oak (which I already have NIB) for use in my "quad" room set-up in my retirement home.  I just need to give this new unit a good cleaning before packing it for the up-coming move of all of my stuff!  SW-15 subwoofers are getting harder and harder to find in great condition!  The power source for this system will be my H/K 900+ quad receiver that I bought new in 1975!  Their top-of-the-line for the quad era!  It is really a very amazing piece...with built-in CD-4 demodulator!...32 WPC in quad mode!  Can anybody say "Back to the Future"??

SW-15_1.jpg.370bb4ebb784ddc07613f197c7e587a7.jpgSW-15_2.jpg.f812b28b7648a49e24fecfa6e30f4ef8.jpgSW-15_3.jpg.8a8a9fdc042af450ecdc0dbd556e7ec0.jpgSW-15_4.jpg.4b7d555556486a43ecb54434fcca9114.jpg 

661934475_HK900.jpg.3ab2b0ff07669232cb90255e6b4904b7.jpg

• Like 4

Cordless yard tools are awesome! I remember the hassle of long extension cords or mixing two stroke oil and gas.
Hey maybe that should be in the "you know you're getting old" thread...lol
In the last couple weeks I picked up the Dewalt blower, weedwacker and the hedge trimmer. Very impressed with all of them especially the weedwacker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Finally made my road-trip to pick-up my Klipsch SW-15 subwoofer purchase from e-bay.....from Jonesboro, AR to Plano, TX ...over 450 miles one-way!  The unit is fully-functional, and cosmetically excellent in clear oak finish.  The only thing that needs replacing are the feet (currently three un-covered spikes with one covered spike!), and I already have that parts "replacement" covered.  The plan is to eventually use this up front with four Heresy speakers and an additional SW-8 in clear oak (which I already have NIB) for use in my "quad" room set-up in my retirement home.  I just need to give this new unit a good cleaning before packing it for the up-coming move of all of my stuff!  SW-15 subwoofers are getting harder and harder to find in great condition!  The power source for this system will be my H/K 900+ quad receiver that I bought new in 1975!  Their top-of-the-line for the quad era!  It is really a very amazing piece...with built-in CD-4 demodulator!...32 WPC in quad mode!  Can anybody say "Back to the Future"??

SW-15_1.jpg.370bb4ebb784ddc07613f197c7e587a7.jpgSW-15_2.jpg.f812b28b7648a49e24fecfa6e30f4ef8.jpgSW-15_3.jpg.8a8a9fdc042af450ecdc0dbd556e7ec0.jpgSW-15_4.jpg.4b7d555556486a43ecb54434fcca9114.jpg 

661934475_HK900.jpg.3ab2b0ff07669232cb90255e6b4904b7.jpg

Shiit Loki tone control/equalizer. This is my second one for another system in the house. The first one I'm actually using in my main system with a tube amp.

This is the only analog EQ/tone control I've ever had that didn't impact the sound in a negative way. I use it very sparingly to cut some mids and it works very well.....tubes and solid state 14add083c3ff077d7fa33b9b1a6c662e.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SWL said:

Shiit Loki tone control/equalizer. This is my second one for another system in the house. The first one I'm actually using in my main system with a tube amp.

This is the only analog EQ/tone control I've ever had that didn't impact the sound in a negative way. I use it very sparingly to cut some mids and it works very well.....tubes and solid state

I have heard good things about that piece. A couple db here and there. A very good problem solver. Not quite parametric though, but who needs that?

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/24/2019 at 7:10 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Behold, the new chicken plucker. (Some assembly required)

Will be using this on about 45 birds come July 4th weekend.

Looks pretty mean, probably just throw them in and it kills them and all. :lol:

I remember doing it by hand when I was a kid, after the 2 nails in a board and hatchet trick. But the worst part was my mother burning off the tiny pin feathers over the gas stove, sure didn't smell like chicken. 

Even with that machine it's still going to be a mess.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 8:38 PM, BigStewMan said:

Wait ... i’m beginning to think that you’re not running a farm animal rescue after all. i don’t think the chickens are going to like it. 

Yea, I was thinking the same thing, they are going to be pissed.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Looks pretty mean, probably just throw them in and it kills them and all. :lol:

I remember doing it by hand when I was a kid, after the 2 nails in a board and hatchet trick. But the worst part was my mother burning off the tiny pin feathers over the gas stove, sure didn't smell like chicken. 

Even with that machine it's still going to be a mess.

Here's a stock photo of it assembled. As you can see there's a grate that goes on the top so that only the tips reach through and grab at the bird.

spicker1.jpg

Oh yeah, it's absolutely a mess. But we gather up most of the feathers and guts and blood and throw it all into the compost - it breaks down nicely in just a few months. We've done our last three batches by hand - it's slow and we never really get all the little feather bits off (hasn't mattered since we just roast or stew them), so this should speed up the process considerably and make the birds cleaner.

• Like 1