What I Got Today!

Brac

22 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Here's a stock photo of it assembled. As you can see there's a grate that goes on the top so that only the tips reach through and grab at the bird.

spicker1.jpg

Oh yeah, it's absolutely a mess. But we gather up most of the feathers and guts and blood and throw it all into the compost - it breaks down nicely in just a few months. We've done our last three batches by hand - it's slow and we never really get all the little feather bits off (hasn't mattered since we just roast or stew them), so this should speed up the process considerably and make the birds cleaner.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d12fb054f56693359

36 minutes ago, A1UC said:

0f0e2a1879dcba8ae321bb3d4b010bfb.jpge4ec2a3bde98fb16504ecd6d4fb675c2.jpg

Got one out of truck downstairs by myself , fricken heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. A good friend of mine recently bought a pair of Kanta 2s. Those are very good sounding loudspeakers.

Shakey

• Like 1

Nice. A good friend of mine recently bought a pair of Kanta 2s. Those are very good sounding loudspeakers.

Shakey

I was going to buy the Sopra 3’s for way less but figured I’d prob end with these anyway so I just got them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ampsandsound Mogwai

This was a 100% splurge for me. Calling it a graduation present to myself, I went back to school for a bachelors degree in Health Science.

I have heard really good things about the build and sound quality of Justin Weber’s products so I am excited to hear this. Will get it all hooked up in a day or two. No matter what it looks cool on my desk. It will be connected to Chorus IIs

6EFBDB01-5C20-401D-884D-1987A88AD801.jpeg

• Like 3

Ordered some K-33-E's from Klipsch the other day and received them today. I was pretty disappointed... Even before opening one of them, you could tell it wasn't packaged well, and it wasn't. No plastic bag and nothing to stop it from knocking around. I requested a replacement for the one driver as it looks beat up. Hopefully CS is easy to work with. 

That's thr driver cocked at an angle.  It fell soon after this picture. The box looks like an outer box to the other box. 

48134880362_f75811fdbb_h.jpg

Packaged very different... 

48134817608_1277c5841e_h.jpg

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

Ordered some K-33-E's from Klipsch the other day and received them today. I was pretty disappointed... Even before opening one of them, you could tell it wasn't packaged well, and it wasn't. No plastic bag and nothing to stop it from knocking around. I requested a replacement for the one driver as it looks beat up. Hopefully CS is easy to work with. 

That's thr driver cocked at an angle.  It fell soon after this picture. The box looks like an outer box to the other box. 

48134880362_f75811fdbb_h.jpg

Packaged very different... 

48134817608_1277c5841e_h.jpg

Bummer gl

I put the A-55's in when I got home from work today. Not much to comment on yet. They may seem a tad lower in volume, but they sound good. I'll probably need to listen to them for awhile. I did rerun Audessy and it did change the EQ a touch. I forgot to take a before and after pic. 

I likely will not make a thread about, but will when I completely refinish the speakers over winter. 

8 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I put the A-55's in when I got home from work today. Not much to comment on yet. They may seem a tad lower in volume, but they sound good. I'll probably need to listen to them for awhile. I did rerun Audessy and it did change the EQ a touch. I forgot to take a before and after pic. 

I likely will not make a thread about, but will when I completely refinish the speakers over winter. 

You had the stock 78 LS with the k55vs right?

7 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Esoteric mods such as these are more in the area of nuanced change rather than stark differences.