What I Got Today!

Brac

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

So only someone with a specialized knowledge (Esoteric) can tell?  Sounds like a speaker cable slogan.

Not explicitly knowledge, but that driver isn't really geared towards someone that can't hear the difference between the various k-55's. It's built for the people trying to source the k-55-v variant, due to its preferred sonic qualities (and rarity). So I'm inclined to say I'm using the term esoteric as it pertains to a person's ability to hear nuances in difference gear, rather than knowledge or capability to understand.

1 minute ago, Heritage_Head said:

No offense 😳

none taken.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Not explicitly knowledge, but that driver isn't really geared towards someone that can't hear the difference between the various k-55's. It's built for the people trying to source the k-55-v variant, due to its preferred sonic qualities (and rarity). So I'm inclined to say I'm using the term esoteric as it pertains to a person's ability to hear nuances in difference gear, rather than knowledge or capability to understand.

none taken.

That makes sense 👍.

Just now, Heritage_Head said:

That makes sense 👍.

I know what sounds good to me, and what doesn't to me. It'll be different than someone else's preferences and we can debate all day long in person about this or that. Some people, however, simply can't hear (literally, or to comprehend) the nuanced differences between different crossovers, caps, amps, EQ settings, etc. They can usually tell the difference between speakers.

I don't have a golden ear by any sense, but I can certainly discern subtle differences in sound, along with hearing a system and knowing whether or not it fits into my established range of preference.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I know what sounds good to me, and what doesn't to me. It'll be different than someone else's preferences and we can debate all day long in person about this or that. Some people, however, simply can't hear (literally, or to comprehend) the nuanced differences between different crossovers, caps, amps, EQ settings, etc. They can usually tell the difference between speakers.

I don't have a golden ear by any sense, but I can certainly discern subtle differences in sound, along with hearing a system and knowing whether or not it fits into my established range of preference.

Agreed.

It also helps imho that a person listen to something a certain way for a lot of hours. Months or more maybe before making changes that will have a subtle change. In my experience thats when you hear smaller things right away after being completely adjusted to the former.

He just got his speakers not that long ago so maybe that is part of it also.  

22 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

Ordered some K-33-E's from Klipsch the other day and received them today. I was pretty disappointed... Even before opening one of them, you could tell it wasn't packaged well, and it wasn't. No plastic bag and nothing to stop it from knocking around. I requested a replacement for the one driver as it looks beat up. Hopefully CS is easy to work with. 

That's thr driver cocked at an angle.  It fell soon after this picture. The box looks like an outer box to the other box. 

48134880362_f75811fdbb_h.jpg

Packaged very different... 

48134817608_1277c5841e_h.jpg

Got ahold of Klipsch... They are sending me out a new driver and told me to keep the other. Very easy to work with!

• Like 4

Dewalt cordless 20v drill. A couple more tools and I'll be completely battery powered around the house.

Time will tell but so far I've gone completely Dewalt and they all work pretty darn good......no lack of power except maybe the blower but it works good enough for just blowing off grass clippings.4be94b7d5f6963a29e8d8d36e490e916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

They’re a little heavy but will last a long time.

When I lived in Terre Haute briefly, that seemed to describe many a skinny Hoosier’s taste in women.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1