What I Got Today!

Brac

On 7/22/2019 at 6:52 AM, A1UC said:

On the way to pick up a new pair of REL 212 SE this morning 

Congrats on the Nice pair of new RELs I read the very impressive spec sheet. I use a older pair of REL Stentor II in my setup. 

Very nice, I can only imagine what it sounds like. Those bass drivers look identical to the drivers in the Palladium sub I never got them hooked up , I’m waiting on some other I need .

bdc19f5a7e8e3c8d45c5013770ed9b4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 11:07 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

So I think I understand the concept.. what does that mean for you when you stake these players and they do well? You get your stake back, or stake + a percentage? This isn't really something I even knew existed, so it has my interest piqued.

You're gambling on a gambler's ability to gamble?

If a player cashes, you get your investment back plus the profit in dollars equal to the percentage you initially invested... minus any mark up and tax withheld. Better players cost more to invest in than lower level players. Mark up usually runs from 0 to as much as 2... most players running around 1.2 to 1.3

For example... if it costs a player $1000 to enter a tournament. That player puts up a percentage of himself, say 80%, and investors buy the percentage they want. If I buy $100 worth, I own 10% of the player... if that player cashes for $100,000, my payout would be $10,000 the other investors would split the rest of the staked 70% and the player himself pockets 20%.

That is a simplified example as the buy in can range from $500 to $1,000,000... and the corresponding winnings scale to the size of the buy in or the size of the field that plays. A million dollar buy in might only have 20-50 players but a $500 Buy in tournament might have 10,000 players.

Now... the reason we do this is... it spreads risk out and helps to reduce the effects of variance by keeping your monies spread out among more potentials than if you put all your money on one player... namely yourself.

Personally I sponsored 12 'campaigns' this year during the WSOP... I had four cashes. This means I was running at 33% win rate... which is running like god... way above expectation. On those four wins, my average ROI (return on investment) is over 35x... 350%

Post Script: I understand the view that playing poker is 'Gambling',  the reality is... this is a skill based game. While it is certainly possible for a recreational player to beat a highly skilled player, it is impossible for that recreational player to consistently beat that skilled player. One thing that makes poker great is this element of chance... this keeps rec players coming back for the chance to compete.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Picked this up, to test out my new OLED TV, that I just brought home. This should put it through the visual paces:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool movie with some intense LFE content. Congrats on the new tv.

• Like 1

Actually yesterday.

One owner 2000 Acura with ZERO rust, due to spending winters in Nevada (hence the dark tint to block desert sun).  But for the passenger front door power lock, everything works.  The car is tight, despite 109K on the odometer. The car has leather and every other option Acura offered.  The 3.2 Honda lump purrs until you mash it.

I got drafted into helping our 29 y.o. son’s significant other buy a car with a $2,500 budget.  Locking up this car for under $3K was a miracle.  In this market, if you’re not the first responder with cash in hand, the good deals get away.

The young woman in question was despondent over losing out on a Buick that seemed to be a good deal.  She would text me links to listings, which required me to drop everything to race , cash in hand, to kiss frogs.  Had she gotten that car, this fantastic opportunity would not have been realized.

This car was posted on Craigslist on Friday July 27.  A kid and his mother saw it on Friday afternoon and put down $300 with a promise to return Saturday by 5pm with the rest of the cash.  We saw the car Saturday morning only to learn that it was “sold.”  I asked the seller to call me if the deal fell through.  The kid failed to show on Saturday, asked for more time, and wanted to know if a money order would be OK. After exchanging several texts Saturday evening and yesterday morning, the seller asked how quickly I could be there with the cash.  Less than an hour later the excellent car was parked in my son’s driveway.

We surprised her when she returned from yoga.  It was fun, but, best of all, no more tire kicking.

3ED4CB6E-FF07-4071-BA2D-E716FCD0A7D7.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Lowered.  Looks like dookie.

I have to agree.  I doubt I will ever understand the money and effort put into something that was always ugly from the start.  But like most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.