What I Got Today!

Brac

5 hours ago, SWL said:

I think I like these better than my big buck Teles

you had me for a second ... i saw the word Teles and, being a guitar player my mind went to Fender Telecaster ... and well, i still haven’t forgiven myself for letting go a   76 tele, thin line, semi hollow body. I guess everyone has their thing that they let “get away” and wish they could get it back.

• Like 2

One of my fave's for sure!
If I'm nitpicking......the Telefunken smooth plates can sound a little brittle on top and the Mullard long plates can sound a little too relaxed depending on what other tubes they're playing with.

The Amperex seem to do everything right so far in my limited listening......but all of these tubes from this era have the same genuine, authentic sound qualities in my system.

I can't say the same for the new production tubes I've tried. They have a nice tone but lack the authenticity of the old school tubes. Some come close......but no cigar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Big thanks to ClaudeJ1 for telling me about the Behringer A500. Got this amp to power my THTLP horn loaded subs and it sounds GREAT.

It's a big improvement over the EP4000 I was using prior. This amp has balanced and unblalanced inputs. I suspect part if not all of the improvement in performance is because now it is unbalanced all the way through with no unbalanced-balanced adaptor cables or converters. My bass is fricken awesome now.73c073e776f3c599e08832b265768cd5.jpg

I used one channel of one of those when I had my T18 horn sub.  Worked great.
Yeah, the power is more compatible. I didn't need all that power I had with the EP4000 but it was what I had on hand.

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

You are now officially “Professional Grade.”

I like the color.  I had a 442 that color.  I’m surprised you didn’t Go Blue.

I like the color too. I've had a 97 blue, 01 red, 16 green and now this 19 Smokey Onix. I'm pretty sure my punch card is almost full. I hear after you buy 5 the 6th is free.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Heretic!

Or equal opportunity Big 10 guy. In my defense I had a UofM Alumni sticker on the Red one just to leave no doubt. When I moved to the country I was told trucks are supposed to be red and tractors green. I tried to follow the rules with that red one. Green was really dark green to not too MSU-ish, however my sister did say it was the Sparty-Mobile 

• Haha 2