What I Got Today!

Brac

I'm content with what I have right now. Likely, I may need to upgrade in the headphone department and sell off later.   I have sennheiser hd650s now.   Good enough..... My main system isn't going anywhere and I don't have an itch that needs to be scratched in the upgrade realm.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 5:59 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Cornwall IIs BEAUTIFULLY veneered by the one and only @Khornukopia on a trade.   Swapped Dave A's MAHLS into these guys.  Gonna rock these for the mains for now.  Infatuated with em right now....

I always love a good mutually beneficial trade. Sometimes perceived/intrinsic value of the deal is greater than any specific dollar figure.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

I always love a good mutually beneficial trade. Sometimes perceived/intrinsic value of the deal is greater than any specific dollar figure.

Well said.   Unlike some here that believe any direct radiator is inferior, Cornwalls I have had in here always worked well and sounded great (LA, scalas and khorns did not).   Exotic veneer and mods adds to pride of ownership.  Doesn't hurt that the wife actually finds the pair "beautiful" and for once, wants me to keep this pair of "large" speakers 😂. 

• 2 weeks later...

As we get further along in this homestead we find ourselves seeking out ways to encourage growth and life, rather than tear it down. I'm still a consumerist ***** with my love of electronics, but we also continue to seek out ways we can simplify our life, reduce our negative impact through better stewardship of our land and resources, and become more self reliant.

We went to Medieval Times the other day for a homeschool field trip and I was saddened by all the wasted chicken left on the plates of kids and adults alike. I probably wouldn't have given it another thought if it weren't for our own efforts of raising, harvesting, and squeezing every bit of food resource out of our birds.

So with that growing awareness in mind, here's our Christmas tree for this year - and maybe future ones if it survives.

image.thumb.png.11a93debb5ec153371d444d67c7a3054.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

As we get further along in this homestead we find ourselves seeking out ways to encourage growth and life, rather than tear it down. I'm still a consumerist ***** with my love of electronics, but we also continue to seek out ways we can simplify our life, reduce our negative impact through better stewardship of our land and resources, and become more self reliant.

pretty sure a photo of jeremiah johnson will be your avatar.  you need to rid yourself of the electronics.  I know a guy that lives completely without technology -- he explains it on his website.  (ripped off and paraphrased  from a line by Ali G). 

Dialing in my new SVS SB-1000 subwoofer. Used for 2 channel music only. Perfect size for my relatively small listening room. Trying to get just enough bass to round out the bottom end. Anymore would be overkill for my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

We went to Medieval Times the other day for a homeschool field trip and I was saddened by all the wasted chicken left on the plates of kids and adults alike. I probably wouldn't have given it another thought if it weren't for our own efforts of raising, harvesting, and squeezing every bit of food resource out of our birds.

So with that growing awareness in mind, here's our Christmas tree for this year - and maybe future ones if it survives.

image.thumb.png.11a93debb5ec153371d444d67c7a3054.png

so you grow your own

Pin image

Weed xmas tree