What I Got Today!

Brac

4 minutes ago, rplace said:

PM me if interested maybe I could be persuaded to send you an already aged one so you can see if something you are interested in.

That would be a great experience.  I'd perform that experiment with my son in law.  he's a beerie.  PM coming.

Today i got DISAPPOINTMENT.  my new jacket arrived ... two sizes smaller than what i had ordered.  I generally never return items; but $100 is $100, so i think i’ll go through the hassle of returning it.  Then again, i can just give it away as a Christmas Present.  

• Haha 1

Just when I think I’m out they pull me back in,I was ready to get away from vinyl and before I started to list my turntable I was looking on one of the Audio sites and a guy had a like new Denon DL-103r cartridge for sale and he was less than 75 miles from me.I contacted him and I told him I was interested in his cartridge and when he told me he was planning on spending a couple of days in Pigeon Forge,Tn .So today we met and I installed the cartridge in my system and what a shock I didn’t think a 450.00 cartridge could sound this good.So instead of selling my turntable I am now thinking about buying or building a record cleaning machine.

• Like 2

^^^ Nothing that cool! But I picked up some sweet little speakers.

Grabbed these Mirage speakers at a local 2nd hand shop and matching stands for $60. I will likely paint the stands this summer as they aren’t in great shape but I am very happy with the purchase.

I don’t have room for the Ultra2 650’s or 525’s that aren’t in use at the moment, due to the depth of both models. These Mirage speakers with the stands only stick out about 8” from the wall which works great for me and my room. I thought I was going to have to go Bose for a while..

I have owned some pretty cool surround speakers over the years but these might be my favorite. The sound is very spread out and what I would describe as accurate.

Best $60 I have spent in quite some time.

ea77e91f0606010bc13daadf1beedafe.jpg

37892bd161810dc7d5530df4a0e635a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

CF4 V3.

Original owner finally turned them over and I was lucky to be the first contact. This will be my first pair of this series. FWIW I have had KG 5.2/5.5 before.  I never even heard Epics before and wanted to give them a trial run to see what all the praise is about. Not thinking a long term relationship here, more of a fling. Too bad they are black. Later when I have time I will refinish them to make them look like new again. Probably the coolest part is that I can now join the Epic owners group. Just listening to classic Christmas music tonight.

2019-12-08 21.57.23-1.jpg

2019-12-09 19.50.56.jpg

• Like 7

I added a couple new pieces to the display cabinet I have been working on. I finally have it to where I am pretty happy. I will be adding and subtracting items down the road but I am just smitten with it at the moment.

I will be adding some black curtains to go behind the cabinet in the near future. Now I just wish I had another cabinet to fill[emoji51]

a763a30923f1f103bdc523cc2d53e97a.jpgaede30b321d8af268219a01c5b37016a.jpg957b172a6bd7de59a474e657234d5e93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3