What I Got Today!

Brac

I am awaiting delivery of a Bob Carver VTA-20  Tube Power amp that I bought last night off audiogon,I am also waiting on my Dennis Had Inspire preamp.It was a Model LP-3a and I am having it upgraded to his latest model LP-3.1 .I talked to Dennis before Christmas and he was excited about how nice it turned out and I am looking forward to hear the 2 pieces with my Klipschorns.I will post pictures once I receive them and have them setup.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, bkwa1959 said:

I am awaiting delivery of a Bob Carver VTA-20  Tube Power amp that I bought last night off audiogon,I am also waiting on my Dennis Had Inspire preamp.It was a Model LP-3a and I am having it upgraded to his latest model LP-3.1 .I talked to Dennis before Christmas and he was excited about how nice it turned out and I am looking forward to hear the 2 pieces with my Klipschorns.I will post pictures once I receive them and have them setup.

Please post this in the What I'm Waiting On thread. Lol.  Congrats on the new gear!

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, CECAA850 said:

Please post this in the What I'm Waiting On thread. Lol.  Congrats on the new gear!

The Carver amp arrived today and right out of the box the amp sounds great, I have it hooked up to a Marantz SA-11S3 using the gain control on the amp for volume .I am shocked at how deep the bass is and no edge at all on the top end .

56C5B624-679A-46CE-A734-C444310716D0.jpeg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

The Carver amp arrived today and right out of the box the amp sounds great, I have it hooked up to a Marantz SA-11S3 using the gain control on the amp for volume .I am shocked at how deep the bass is and no edge at all on the top end .

Congrats on the new arrivals!  I've never owned a Carver tube amp, but many other Carver pieces and I've never been disappointed in any of them. Currently a stack of M200's that never fail to impress me for what they are. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bkwa1959 said:

Jealous.   Congrats! 

• Like 1

Got last week b4 becoming a forum member-  Classé Four preamp for additional two channel set up & Klipsch Synergy f3’s for temporary duty as mains in my “for the time being” (hodgepodge)  surround system. 

What I got today- pass aleph 30 amplifier (oh yeah baby, you’re coming home with daddy) & around 40-50ft?? Of bulk straight-wire encore II speaker wire that I have no clue what I’m gonna do with...., 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thx for the welcome! Stoked to be here with you fellow Klipschsters.., er..., Klipschiacs..., er Klipschanauts or whatever it is they call us.  Yeah I’m definitely gonna use the straight wire somewhere down the road. I was picking up the pass amp and the guy had the speaker wire still on the spool. Looks like garden hose-told me to make him an offer, wasn’t sure what to offer- I just remember it went for a handsome price back when I was in the industry. He finally threw out a number that sounded extremely reasonable to me so I got to load that up with the amp. It’s a coaxial style speaker wire so terminating it may be a bit tricky for me, anyone here familiar with it? (Straightwire Encore II Speaker Cable) 

• Like 2

I

3 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

Thx for the welcome! Stoked to be here with you fellow Klipschsters.., er..., Klipschiacs..., er Klipschanauts or whatever it is they call us.  Yeah I’m definitely gonna use the straight wire somewhere down the road. I was picking up the pass amp and the guy had the speaker wire still on the spool. Looks like garden hose-told me to make him an offer, wasn’t sure what to offer- I just remember it went for a handsome price back when I was in the industry. He finally threw out a number that sounded extremely reasonable to me so I got to load that up with the amp. It’s a coaxial style speaker wire so terminating it may be a bit tricky for me, anyone here familiar with it? (Straightwire Encore II Speaker Cable) 

Is it an F connector like for satellite/cable or another?

BTW, this is a photo thread so a pic or 2 will help... unless you know.

ItI

11 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

Its all cool...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

It’s speaker cable so I’ll probably terminate it with banana’s or spades. Sorry didn’t realize this was a picture thread- plz forgive the newbie. I’ll try to post a pic. 

Pic  yes but, yes, sounds like a twisted pair speaker wire with a jacket

44 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

This is an image I pulled of the web as my pics on my phone were too large apparently. Pretty much the same stuff ‘cept the spool mine is on is white not black. 

47FF63D8-0BF1-4281-BF61-BCE2D9241448.jpeg

Dang, looks like coax cable to me...maybe Plenum...it will work.

Alright... cool

2 hours ago, Emile said:

OK; picked up a Luxman R-115.  Blaming @willand and @Woofers and Tweeters for this (they love these R-115/117 units).  Think I'll use it as an amp for my rear Cornwalls. :D 

You're welcome. If you google it, you'll find that there are a lot of others who agree with what Willland and I have said. I have both and they are both keepers. I would use it as a receiver/integrated amp, but have to admit that I have never used either one as a pre or and amp alone. 

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/luxman-r-115.675841/

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2270-vs-luxman-r115.740145/

Did you get the remoter too? 

• Like 1