What I Got Today!

Brac

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I would use it as a receiver/integrated amp, but have to admit that I have never used either one as a pre or and amp alone.

Leave it to @Emile "to go to where NO man has gone before."  😂  Luxman's older tube stuff has ALWAYS sounded good to me!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SWL said:

Topping D30 DAC.

Nice!  So, walk this novice through this.  I have no interest in going to external DAC and tube yet I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame.

Source ---> DAC ---> Pre-amp ---> Amp

Tube pre, and tube amp?

• Like 1

Nice!  So, walk this novice through this.  I have no interest in going to external DAC and tube yet I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame.

Source ---> DAC ---> Pre-amp ---> Amp

Tube pre, and tube amp?
Yep......and if you do decide to get your feet wet, this DAC would be a good start at only $100.00. I'm totally impressed with it especially for what it costs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 4:02 PM, bkwa1959 said:

Thanks 

My Dennis Had Inspire LP-3.1 came in today.It was an original LP-3a and I exchanged emails with Dennis and sent it in for an upgrade,complete upgrade inside and I even had him change the faceplate.I’m going to use it in bedroom system and for now I installed it in my main system and the little preamp is sounding great,.if it just had a remote control.

6638D58E-BACA-47EA-93E4-440DF03E19FD.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

New replacement front and rear sights arrived today for my Colt Python. So tonight is complete disassembly, deep clean, and re-assembly time. Between and during playoff games.

Nice!  That looks like a relaxing project for a Saturday evening.

+++

I have an M&P Shield 9 gen1.  I can field strip it for cleaning in about 5 seconds.  I use mine for CCW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

They get their sights from Elliason(sp)?

I ordered these from Numrich Gun Parts on line. The sights are new and labeled as Kensights, and reasonably priced. They fit just like the Colt oem parts I replaced. Just looked at the package again and its labeled "vintage Colt rear sight assembly". I had ordered a front sight blade off ebay probably a year ago and it didn't fit right. It was supposed to be an oem Colt front blade to fit a Python.

The Kensights came with adjustable rear assembly, the two compression springs, and two roll pins (one extra). I am pleased.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Nice!  That looks like a relaxing project for a Saturday evening.

+++

I have an M&P Shield 9 gen1.  I can field strip it for cleaning in about 5 seconds.  I use mine for CCW.

Firearms is another one of my hobbies. I enjoy working on them, collecting, and shooting. I favor Glocks for their total reliability and durability, but i have other manufacturers too. In today's world I don't leave home without it, like my driver's license or credit card. My G-22 sleeps under my pillow every night. Imagine a world (even in America) where people are not even safe in their church worshiping, at a concert, walmart, or attending school.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Schu said:

I miss my old slug thrower. 

I had a 6" blue python and diamondback. I wish I still had them.

Colt just announced they are going to manufacture the Python revolver once again. Although I doubt they will equal the Python quality once created by true craftsmen. The early Pythons were assembled and lock work hand fitted by a single craftsman. We shall see.

Colt announced in late 2019 they have voluntarily stopped selling AR15s to the civilian market, only LEO going forward. They also lost out as a supplier of rifles to the US military, to FN. Me thinks they are trying to replace lost revenue streams. We may be witnessing the last days of Colt Manufacturing going forward.

Checking the SN of my unit above @ the Colt website indicates it was manufactured in 1973.

On 1/13/2020 at 7:13 AM, Mighty Favog said:

I held a 45 Gold Cup once in the early 90's. I will admit it was one of the worst feeing triggers I've ever felt on a gun that expensive. Ths trigger creep felt like I was trying to skateboard in a gravel driveway. Thank you United Auto Workers Union.

I believe you. But the Colt 1911 semi auto trigger mechanism is so easy to improve. So simple really. John Browning was a genius, as was displayed in many of his creations.

But yes you would think a Colt Gold Cup would have a decent trigger from the factory. Trigger creep is safe for a manufacturer, the great preventer of ADs.

• Like 5