What I Got Today!

Brac

Bought this for one reason only. Tone mapping via HDR optimizer function. Looking forward to better looking 4K spinners on my 106" Stewart StudioTek FilmScreen and less projector settings roulette. Will absolutely be keeping my OPPO-203 for all other purposes though.

20200121_095500.thumb.jpg.4ad85ea11ed5cc54255462d49f94321c.jpg

• Like 2

Sometimes it is difficult to keep my garage/workshop above 60 degrees for certain wood working and finishing jobs. This should help out on the coldest of days. I have an LP hose long enough to keep the propane tank outside, just have to remember to shut off the gas before spraying anything.

20200121_095716.jpg

Dunno the last time any of you purchased an UMIK-1, but the current versions come in a nice tidy little box. Good luck ever getting things back in there and closing it up for storage, however. And since I purchased a usb over ethernet adapter and 25ft cat6 cable for extended measuring distances I wanted a way to keep it all together. Bought this little ballistic case off Monoprice, plucked out a couple of custom holes for the usb extenders, then a big rectangle to utilize the UMIK factory foam cutout that was nice and precise. There's plenty of room for two layers of stuff, and it all fits nice and tidy. I may throw in a little thumb drive with my UMIK calibration files on it just for grins.

UMIK case

UMIK case

UMIK case

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Dunno the last time any of you purchased an UMIK-1, but the current versions come in a nice tidy little box. Good luck ever getting things back in there and closing it up for storage, however. And since I purchased a usb over ethernet adapter and 25ft cat6 cable for extended measuring distances I wanted a way to keep it all together. Bought this little ballistic case off Monoprice, plucked out a couple of custom holes for the usb extenders, then a big rectangle to utilize the UMIK factory foam cutout that was nice and precise. There's plenty of room for two layers of stuff, and it all fits nice and tidy. I may throw in a little thumb drive with my UMIK calibration files on it just for grins.

Very nice Michael.  I take it you're bringing it to SWAG?  Even though I think we might have more than one UMIK there, it would be interesting to compare at least a couple of them set up in differing positions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Very nice Michael.  I take it you're bringing it to SWAG?  Even though I think we might have more than one UMIK there, it would be interesting to compare at least a couple of them set up in differing positions.

I did sorta buy it now for the sake of taking it to SWAG. :)

27 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I sure hope not! You're supposed to be my twin in this ESS experiment.

This project will be the exception. I really need to just sit down and hook everything up already. I do need to finish the base for the wings and AMTs however, the guard cat that inhabits my workshop is not very pleased about our new addition. Once we are back on speaking terms I will make some sawdust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So my new to me McIntosh MC-150 amp arrived today via FedEx. Unfortunately the power knob took an impact in shipping and broke the glass. Bummer! 

But it sure sounds wonderful with my CW3. My first Mac.

Anybody have an idea what it will cost parts and labor to replace the front glass?

DSC_0063.JPG

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Anybody have an idea what it will cost parts and labor to replace the front glass?

I have purchased a couple of face plate glasses. It used to be that you call into parts department and tell them what model you need the glass for and they put it on a sticky note. When they have a production run break I'd get a call asking if I still wanted it if so, they would build and send. As I recall several years ago, 10-12, the cost was $75 and it took a couple of months but there is that memory thing. Call Mc parts and get the current lowdown.

Edit: never send Mc without the factory box $50-75 and even then I'd pull the knobs.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I have purchased a couple of face plate glasses. It used to be that you call into parts department and tell them what model you need the glass for and they put it on a sticky note. When they have a production run break I'd get a call asking if I still wanted it if so, they would build and send. As I recall several years ago, 10-12, the cost was $75 and it took a couple of months but there is that memory thing. Call Mc parts and get the current lowdown.

Edit: never send Mc without the factory box $50-75 and even then I'd pull the knobs.

Yes, i called Mac parts and left a message about cost and avail. Low and behold they have a you tube video of glass replacement on a Mac receiver, and it doesn't look that hard at all. And that receiver has a LOT more knobs and a built in  EQ than my simple power amp.

The guy packed it well, double boxed, but only if he had pulled the two knobs off the front I wouldn't be in this boat right now. Came from California. Heavy unit 60 lbs, shifted slightly and knob hit the foam board he used and .....wala...broken glass. I was so bummed when I took it out, but then thought 10 minutes later of Kobe and a helo ride so it will be made right. Its just a friggin amplifier. I talked to the seller and he's pretty accommodating, and apologized. We'll get there I think.

Thanks for your reply sir.

• Like 1