What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

What model number? 

2005 FZ6.

600 cc, 98 HP, fuel injected, 4-cylinder in-line four, redlines at 14,000.  Twin spar aluminum frame.  And I love the dual exhaust and the fact it has a center stand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:42 PM, sunburnwilly said:

Wines at cost or less from work . 

TV90DdWMQUeZvmIICAcw.jpg

nZKQHvRUZjPQUDGTIlA.jpg

Items like the '97 Silver Fox cab and '98 Kistler chard are too risky to sell to customers . 

$117.00 altogether , not too bad of a haul .

I have had a bunch of Jim Barry's over the years and think you will enjoy them. The Kistler might have the stuffing to age, but it will be quite a different wine by now. Worth the gamble, the reds should be fine.

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

2005 FZ6.

600 cc, 98 HP, fuel injected, 4-cylinder in-line four, redlines at 14,000.  Twin spar aluminum frame.  And I love the dual exhaust and the fact it has a center stand. 

Super nice, I operated/owned motorcycles for ~ 32 years. Sold my last one (HD V-rod) in Jan 2009. Still have my cycle endorsement on my DL. The technology in your 600 Yammy is pretty incredible. Short of an F1 engine, where ya gonna find a 4 stroke engine turning/making power to 14k rpm?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

Super nice, I operated/owned motorcycles for ~ 32 years. Sold my last one (HD V-rod) in Jan 2009. Still have my cycle endorsement on my DL. The technology in your 600 Yammy is pretty incredible. Short of an F1 engine,

where ya gonna find a 4 stroke engine turning/making power to 14k rpm?

I haven't ridden it yet, too cold.  When revving it on the stand the thing just shrieks.  RPM's go up fast, then down almost instantaneously.  The motor is tight.

I've read where this FZ6 is really two different bikes, one is 0-8000 rpm, then 8000-14,000.  I have no plans to find out what 14K in ANY gear feels like. 

+++

I bought the bike for $1,300.  I thought I might ride it to the racquetball club three time a week just for the fun of it.  When researching what I bought (after I bought it) it seems like people are using it for a middle weight adventure bike.  That idea holds a lot of interest for me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Great price.

It was on Facebook Marketplace and the Seller had put in in the wrong category like Household Goods.  I saw a picture of it and the price was $1500.  KBB.com had it valued at $2990. 

After a couple of days the Seller lowered the price to $1300 and I even though I don't need a bike, I pounced thinking I could always flip it for an easy $1000 if I wanted to.  After I told the Seller I'd take it he said he had a dozen offers afterwards higher than what we agreed on. 

He kept his word.  I think I got a deal.  This could be fun.

• Like 1