What I Got Today!

Brac

30 minutes ago, richieb said:

There is commonality amongst us -

2002, 2002tii, 320i, Bavaria 3.0, 2800, 528i, 533i. When introduced to the brand with a 1973 2002, B’s were scarce as hens teeth around here, maybe seeing a handful a month and flashing lights when passing. Most people think it meant British — —. When they started becoming common as Accords and Camry’s, and their prices became too much to stomach I left the brand. The 2800 and 3.0 straight sixes were so beautiful to drive and hear, so smooth. Too many I know in the industry tell mostly horror stories of the new Gen twin turbo cars and tell me to run fast away from them, unless under a solid, ironclad warranty. No worries, I have zero desire for another —

My first car was a green '76 2002. Blew the motor and couldn't afford to fix it at age 21. Bought a white '71 2002 about a decade ago and it turned out to be structurally insufficient as I started to overhaul it. Parted out and have just resigned myself to the fact that I'll not be able to have one of those in my garage.

6 hours ago, SWL said:

Hey what happened to the Jalapeno Doritos? Now those were some righteous chips....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I loved the Doritos Jacked Spicy Enchiladas . Those disappeared in my market but the crappy Jacked Buffalo Wings are still around , WTF .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richieb said:

Is the 323 an imported Euro model? A friend of mine brought one in the country in the early 80’s —

No it is made for the US market.  Back then for a short time they changed the designation for some reason.  Still has the 2.5L straight six.  The touring body style is quite practical.

AADD58A1-8DC9-40F3-9600-C515A7653F5B.thumb.jpeg.d4034489392991ab2eb32bf885e72dc9.jpeg

Just got the Xilica in, but it’s going to sit right there for a few weeks.  My wife was just diagnosed with some bad stuff inside her that needs to be removed now!  She goes in for surgery this coming Tuesday.  We are praying the doctors get it all.  So she’ll be my priority for a while until she gets back on her feet.  Until then I’ll buy some new crossover parts for my brother in laws KPT-904’s and work on them when I have some downtime.

If anyone has a minute, please say a prayer for her if you think about it. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Randyh said:

most people eat their meat , but they do not see the real work that goes into it , or the labor and the intensive breeding needed to make a good product - we eat , but we sure dont know much about raising pigs

The desire to change that os what sent us in this trajectory 5 years ago. Poultry, goatS, and now pigs. Working on a garden for this fall as well.

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Piglets! Born on the farm this morning.. Tons of time and effort into this one. We'll keep at least one male and female for cross breeding with our other stock and then the rest will be raised for the table.

12385DF1-2AC7-4E90-9B9C-E633B9560982.jpeg.7802bfb72b342f91474c93559bd46970.jpeg

Cool....you should cover them with a blanket 😀

19 minutes ago, risingjay said:

AADD58A1-8DC9-40F3-9600-C515A7653F5B.thumb.jpeg.d4034489392991ab2eb32bf885e72dc9.jpeg

Just got the Xilica in, but it’s going to sit right there for a few weeks.  My wife was just diagnosed with some bad stuff inside her that needs to be removed now!  She goes in for surgery this coming Tuesday.  We are praying the doctors get it all.  So she’ll be my priority for a while until she gets back on her feet.  Until then I’ll buy some new crossover parts for my brother in laws KPT-904’s and work on them when I have some downtime.

Prayers sent for your wife, hope it all turns out ok. We never know what the next day will bring, stay strong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, risingjay said:

Good thoughts to both of you! 

• Like 1