What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, A1UC said:

8e05e70bf8aba8af3b4acab27c510989.gif

Man, I'm trying. This thread has prompted me to build out a new VM on my vmware host with a fresh windows 10 install. Lots of cores and ram have been allocated and I've installed only the roon server and a trial of hqplayer. Roon will output to HQP and HQP will output to my little raspberry pi running the HQP network endpoint protocol, which is then output over digital coax spdif. I'm assuming there will be a difference since HQP is a new component in the signal chain, but it's also they only reason for the additional compute resources vs a standard low-spec Roon server that's serving up bitstream audio.

To be fair, my server is big and noisy and there's no way I'd ever stick it inside my house, let alone the listening room. So there's a great deal of effort and cost that goes into making dual Xeon's, a bunch of memory, and NVME pci storage run cool (assuming it's not simultaneously underclocked to reduce heat). But I think I can achieve some semblance of similarity with my equipment. If it's that substantial of a difference, I'll scrap the whole virtualization stack and run everything bare metal, allocating all 24 cores and 128GB of memory, along with GPU CUDA processing for HQP.

Man, I'm trying. This thread has prompted me to build out a new VM on my vmware host with a fresh windows 10 install. Lots of cores and ram have been allocated and I've installed only the roon server and a trial of hqplayer. Roon will output to HQP and HQP will output to my little raspberry pi running the HQP network endpoint protocol, which is then output over digital coax spdif. I'm assuming there will be a difference since HQP is a new component in the signal chain, but it's also they only reason for the additional compute resources vs a standard low-spec Roon server that's serving up bitstream audio.

To be fair, my server is big and noisy and there's no way I'd ever stick it inside my house, let alone the listening room. So there's a great deal of effort and cost that goes into making dual Xeon's, a bunch of memory, and NVME pci storage run cool (assuming it's not simultaneously underclocked to reduce heat). But I think I can achieve some semblance of similarity with my equipment. If it's that substantial of a difference, I'll scrap the whole virtualization stack and run everything bare metal, allocating all 24 cores and 128GB of memory, along with GPU CUDA processing for HQP.

lol believe me I thought over and over asking myself what are you doing , I could build another garage for the price of this server or buy another hellcat for price of speakers . I got sucked into this hobby bad it’s the worst addiction to date .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is some reading if your interested

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk