What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, A1UC said:

Here is some reading if your interested

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small glimpse of sanity..

image.thumb.png.96b6c79bb19b431b054e48c00ae084b1.png

And then an asinine statement from the maker about the sonic differences between the differences in software implementations of RAID 1 vs RAID 5 in the OS. Wait.. what?

image.thumb.png.dc5ea46ef6a0d517838aac7b7bfe48c8.png

I'm done after two pages.. There may be audible differences, I'll admit that, but I refuse to accept the statements made by boutique audio companies trying to carve out a niche by taking advantage of people who don't understand computers while wrapping it in the cloth of elitist audiophilia. I truly hope you enjoy this device, and I truly believe you (and anyone else who buys this) were taken advantage of.

Small glimpse of sanity..

image.thumb.png.96b6c79bb19b431b054e48c00ae084b1.png

And then an asinine statement from the maker about the sonic differences between the differences in software implementations of RAID 1 vs RAID 5 in the OS. Wait.. what?

image.thumb.png.dc5ea46ef6a0d517838aac7b7bfe48c8.png

I'm done after two pages.. There may be audible differences, I'll admit that, but I refuse to accept the statements made by boutique audio companies trying to carve out a niche by taking advantage of people who don't understand computers while wrapping it in the cloth of elitist audiophilia. I truly hope you enjoy this device, and I truly believe you (and anyone else who buys this) were taken advantage of.

You have that right , I wasn’t going to make this statement because I don’t want anyone to feel I am talking down to them but here it goes . Maybe you don’t notice certain things because of your hearing or the rest of your gear ?

7 minutes ago, A1UC said:

You have that right , I wasn’t going to make this statement because I don’t want anyone to feel I am talking down to them but here it goes . Maybe you don’t notice certain things because of your hearing or the rest of your gear ?

Certainly possible, though I never stated I don't hear nuanced differences in gear. I'm just struggling to wrap my head around the statements from these boutique audio guys as it pertains to PC implementations. He's literally saying that software RAID 1 (drive mirroring) is sonically superior to software RAID 5 (data + parity), but that it's too wasteful to even bother implementing (especially when using expensive PCI NVME storage). And if he's blowing smoke about that detail, what else?

12 minutes ago, A1UC said:

I don’t want anyone to feel I am talking down to them but here it goes

I don't. And I hope you don't feel like I'm calling you an idiot - I'm not. But after 20 years in the industry, I know servers and I know software and it's just not adding up.

I don't. And I hope you don't feel like I'm calling you an idiot - I'm not. But after 20 years in the industry, I know servers and I know software and it's just not adding up.

No Worries

I don't know specifically which statements are causing you to roll your eyes Mikey, and frankly there are WAY to many snake oil products to list, but as many different configuratioins of computer based play back systems as I have tried, I have NEVER been  completely satisfied by any of them to the point where I wanted to get rid of all my physical media. The closest I got was with an i2s connection from a wyred4sound designed dedicated server into the wyred4sound ess DAC... and it might have worked for me but I could never get the wireless roon controller interface to be 100% reliable... and that's a no go for me. Any computer based server system I tried to implement with jriver running it was nowhere as good as  player external dac set up in my particular system. Those server systems are resolved and decent sounding but they lack many textures and dimension that a simplified system does. it's not related to money... even though a good dac and media player  is a more expensive proposition.

Picked a Chord Hugo TT2 and M Scaler along with a pair Of HE1000 SE to listen to at my summer home .

I don’t want to leave a 2 ch system there at this time . I already got the Chord gear just waiting on headphones .

d67f2c2d68f02eee79f5c7eaa05d92a0.jpg

e9d5e6f9def52f18ede7a4911ccd0936.jpg

Picked a Chord Hugo TT2 and M Scaler along with a pair Of HE1000 SE to listen to at my summer home .
I don’t want to leave a 2 ch system there at this time . I already got the Chord gear just waiting on headphones .

d67f2c2d68f02eee79f5c7eaa05d92a0.jpg
e9d5e6f9def52f18ede7a4911ccd0936.jpg
Awesome, the M Scaler is going to change your life,

Me and 4 of my friends that own the M Scaler have all agreed that of all the components we have ever purchased over the years the M Scaler has had the biggest impact

Its not subtle its huge, timbre, timing, dynamics, everything is just so much more real

Enjoy!

Deano

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Knocked out a 5 hour walk last week . My feet suffered , I wore sneakers .

Today the SC Governor announced additional closures , sporting goods  were one of them . I had no idea the sporting goods stores were still open . So I took a chance and and did a curbside pickup on these from Dick's . 

PUXnMSSARRWoe9VPiPeVgw.jpg

• Like 3

I’m finally getting a chance to build a little 2 channel system, just waiting on a good AV rack.

I know nothing about Linn but these popped up on FB Marketplace and I jumped with little research.

How’d I do?

09a72e77ddfe819314b280c166bf2e29.jpg

• Like 2