What I Got Today!

Brac

I pulled the mantel off from above the fireplace because it was about as high as I am tall and I hated having the TV so damn high.  I have to replace the mantel to mount lower, so I thought it would be worth incorporating the center channel speaker into it.  I am interested in seeing how it sounds...  I will build a crossover for it this weekend and might even get to start taking measurements.  

49812574867_29c0d675bc_h.jpg

49811127611_544ce8bb50_h.jpg

Size reference:

49812991073_fcfdd19c42_h.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, Edgar said:

Here's a photo of what FedEx delivered to my front stoop yesterday. This will be a mono enclosure that I designed for the vintage Jensen H222 coax that my father left me.

Well, it's been almost a year, filled with a lot of frustration over this build (originally here), including the discovery that the old Jensen H222 simply didn't survive the sixty-four years since my father obtained it. So that it didn't all go to waste, I turned the enclosure into a subwoofer, using a Dayton DVC310-88 (no longer available). I finished it in Formica, for no reason other than that I had never worked with Formica before. (And I never will again!) As a sealed-box 12" woofer it runs out of excursion rather quickly, so it will go into my office where I never push the levels anyway.

Hpim1447.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I didn’t get all of this today but all within the past week.

This is my first ever 2-channel system. It’s not even close the best out there, but I am sitting here grinning ear to ear.

With trading, driving long distances, negotiating, pleading and being nice, I was able to assemble this system on a pretty tight budget

I also bought the first couple CD’s in like 20 years and the delivery guy knocked on my door, literally right when I was putting everything into place, otherwise I would have had to wait as I don’t have any CDs.

Ever just have one of those days? I am truly a happy camper!

Still some wire management left but that will need to wait:)

27ece31b70e44c30a4e9a1304fe8734b.jpg

169ce244b2613735c73961ffa2958dd9.jpg

c6aa4384e9c8146a820e4dfc97ac86c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Great setup!
Did you grab that monolith stand during the sale? They're currently out of stock.
That Daft Punk is a good sounding album. 

I ended up grabbing the stand off Amazon for $100 delivered but the last time I checked, it was up to $117.

A nice subscriber mentioned that the stand is usually cheaper if you order it directly from Monoprice and sure enough, looks like it was on sale for $89 but it was out of stock when I ordered it anyway so I’m happy.

The $7 I spent on the Daft Punk album has been a pretty solid investment. I’ve been listening to that album along with The Cure Greatest Hits the past 3 days, almost on loop.

TV time is definitely down:)

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

I ended up grabbing the stand off Amazon for $100 delivered but the last time I checked, it was up to $117.

A nice subscriber mentioned that the stand is usually cheaper if you order it directly from Monoprice and sure enough, looks like it was on sale for $89 but it was out of stock when I ordered it anyway so I’m happy.

The $7 I spent on the Daft Punk album has been a pretty solid investment. I’ve been listening to that album along with The Cure Greatest Hits the past 3 days, almost on loop.

TV time is definitely down:)

Then you may be interested in this as much as I am. Kind of a 2 for 1 for me.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/9366677/daft-punk-film-soundtrack-dario-argento

Then you may be interested in this as much as I am. Kind of a 2 for 1 for me.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/9366677/daft-punk-film-soundtrack-dario-argento

Oh yeah, that definitely sounds interesting. The more Daft Punk the merrier, IMO. I know their style isn’t for everyone, quite opposite really but their talents can’t be questioned.

I’m just praying Disney makes a new Tron and they include Daft Punk!