What I Got Today!

Brac

Well, yesterday actually, but got to play with her today.  She sounds puuurdy!  I know it's cliche', but has a very tube-like sound. (probably means needs a re-cap, lol) I've always been into more of "new HIFI" but this vintage kick I've been on has felt mighty rewarding.

Rooster

kenwood KA6000.jpg

• Like 2

Visited McIntosh Audio, Tom Manley, a week ago to pick up my new amp. Terry Dewick had gone through it months ago but I had to wait until the "Safer at Home" order was relaxed. Filled the Pre-amp section with NOS Mullards and left in the RCA outputs. Hooked it up to my MX110 and Chorus II's, after hearing it wife said purchase approved! Made a huge difference in bass over the MC30's. Also picked up an MPI 4 and am learning to use it.

MC240.jpg.d6d227eee47e4bd820f3f0658d0d2d65.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

Visited McIntosh Audio, Tom Manley, a week ago to pick up my new amp. Terry Dewick had gone through it months ago but I had to wait until the "Safer at Home" order was relaxed. Filled the Pre-amp section with NOS Mullards and left in the RCA outputs. Hooked it up to my MX110 and Chorus II's, after hearing it wife said purchase approved! Made a huge difference in bass over the MC30's. Also picked up an MPI 4 and am learning to use it.

KEN ROCKWELL said , the MC240 was the best amp he ever heard --------what a beauty -https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/mcintosh/mc240.htm

• Moderators
On 5/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, A1UC said:

I don’t think the L2800 has backhoe does it ? I found out you have order these sub compact with backhoe that can’t be added because kubota adds metal to frame at time of build .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No backhoe, they make one for it but I never got it, it was almost the cost of the tractor. Probably right about the metal frame, even with my front end loader there was kind of a frame that came with for it to mount in a few places.

I got the quick disconnect loader because I could make some attachments for it, made a frame with a deck to haul a generator around and a set of forks which is very handy. I use the forks today to help the people across the street move a bunch of branches from trimming trees, they were dragging them, moved them all in about 30 minutes and made them happy.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

KEN ROCKWELL said , the MC240 was the best amp he ever heard --------what a beauty -https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/mcintosh/mc240.htm

Ken Rockwell makes a living reviewing different things, he also does cameras and lenses. To be honest he knows what he is talking about with cameras, not sure about anything else it is all I have read from him.  

• Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 7:04 PM, Tarheel said:

A little late posting this.  A SVS PC-2000 Pro sub woofer.  Looks like a little refrigerator?

IMG_9852.JPG

What a beast!
Standing waves in those corners though. Turntable needle will jump aroun like crazy with this thing.

Edited by stereobrad

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:
5 hours ago, stereobrad said:

What a beast!
Standing waves in those corners though. 

I'm saving up for the standing waves.

Kind of thought you got them whenever you walked in a room. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A little late posting this.  A SVS PC-2000 Pro sub woofer.  Looks like a little refrigerator?

IMG_9852.JPG

Great, in depth review of this fine product. If you get a chance, let us know what is smells like too.

Thank you in advance.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, dtel said:

No backhoe, they make one for it but I never got it, it was almost the cost of the tractor. Probably right about the metal frame, even with my front end loader there was kind of a frame that came with for it to mount in a few places.

I got the quick disconnect loader because I could make some attachments for it, made a frame with a deck to haul a generator around and a set of forks which is very handy. I use the forks today to help the people across the street move a bunch of branches from trimming trees, they were dragging them, moved them all in about 30 minutes and made them happy.

Man I wish you was my neighbor:) I need a tractor.

• Haha 1

Mookie....I'm the last person you would want to review a sub woofer.  This is my first and it sounds so good I'm afraid to touch it.  I will eventually when I get comfy with the app and set it up further.  Just as I expected though....it does produce some bass especially when you crank it up a bit☺️

Haven't noticed any standing waves though.  May be the sloped 16' ceiling.  It does smell nice..........

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

Meanwhile, what's been keeping me busy between weed whacking, RoundUp ing and general weed abatement stuff

how high & long will the Great Wall of Murrieta be?  I would imagine the cost of that wall would buy you a house in some parts of this country. 

Looks good though -- i like the gray. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how high & long will the Great Wall of Murrieta be?  I would imagine the cost of that wall would buy you a house in some parts of this country. 

Looks good though -- i like the gray. 

Well the labor is "free":) I do require a cocktail occasionally. You can see a step where I ran out of blocks, once I get all to that level I think I'm close to done. It's about 200' long. I'm just trying to stop the sand washing down a ruining everything we do on the lower parts of the homestead.

• Like 5