What I Got Today!

Brac

that is a HUGE task and i applaud you.  if you have the time, doing it yourself is saving you a fortune. bought a house once and went in halves with the neighbor on a six foot tall block wall (only in the back yard) so that was only about 50’ 

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

A rule of thumb is that labor is roughly 50% of the cost of the job.

i asked a guy once how he determined the cost of a job. He said “I take the cost of the materials, then i double that -- then i double that again."

i don’t know if he was messing with me or if that is really how he did it. He was a fly by the seat of his pants sort of guy. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i asked a guy once how he determined the cost of a job. He said “I take the cost of the materials, then i double that -- then i double that again."

i don’t know if he was messing with me or if that is really how he did it. He was a fly by the seat of his pants sort of guy. 

That's Californication prices.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Meanwhile, what's been keeping me busy between weed whacking, RoundUp ing and general weed abatement stuff

that's one hell of a huge job  ---------and heavy work  --

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:

Man I wish you was my neighbor:) I need a tractor.

I would be glad to help, but we all can't live on the top of a mountain. :sad:

It does look like alot of work, but it's really coming out nice. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

It's not right that you have to finish the wall alone Eric.  If you will meet Steve at the bus station at 1pm tomorrow he will help you.  Just stock up on ketchup and cheap bourbon.

couple things wrong with that story Chuck ... cheap bourbon?  Not a chance; and me on a bus? Have you gone mad?  

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A rule of thumb is that labor is roughly 50% of the cost of the job.

Won't be finding contractors up around here doing anything for those rates. 3X material is close on contractor rates plus add material. I know some areas of the country where you can pick up some imported labor down standing around the parking lots looking for day jobs. You can hold their hand.

8 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Won't be finding contractors up around here doing anything for those rates. 3X material is close on contractor rates plus add material. I know some areas of the country where you can pick up some imported labor down standing around the parking lots looking for day jobs. You can hold their hand.

I tried to tell Carl that but you know..........

2 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Wow.  I need to go up on my rates.  Wait, I'd just be charging myself more.

48 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Unfortunately I also struggle with being able to afford myself. :ph34r:

My friends ask me for help with various projects from time to time.   I always tell them that they can't afford me, then i help them with whatever they need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1