What I Got Today!

Brac

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

Unloaded today and now the fun begins. Finally got some 402's for those luscious 415 LF4 bins and 904 LF bins and deciding which ones to pair these with.

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Something told me you was going to get these... Congrats and have fun!

• Like 1

A big fat happy grin. I had time on Friday to bring my Forte I speakers in from the garage and give them a listen.

(Back story: early last year my wife flew to Co. Springs to visit our daughters family. The Friday she was to fly home she went to an estate sale and saw some speakers with Klipsch badges ((We don't need no stinking badges)). She took pix of the front and back, texted them to me and then called. They were listed at $450. My first response was Buy! Buy! Buy! From the low resolution photos, they looked to be finished in black.

After the excitement wore off I realized that A. I had no way to geT them to Az, and B. I had nowhere in the house to fit them, I told my wife to let them be. She tolerating my audio mania said " How about we send Nora back on Sunday? If they are still there they will be half price. We can then worry about getting them to Az." They were still there on Sunday. A wire transfer later they were mine, albeit in my daughters closet.

Fast forward to three weeks ago. My wife, being intolerant of the heat and having no work (as a nurse she does pre-anesthesia screening at a local hospital. Due to Covid cancellation of all elective surgeries, she gets no hours) got bored and decided to go to Co. My daughter refused to receive her if she flew. (Our son in law has a condition which makes him very susceptible to respiratory illness. Covid would kill him) So my wife drove. Which meant she brought the speakers back. (Along with the grand kids. Grand Slam!)

The grandkids were a joy, helping me pick figs, maters and 🌶, and also having all sorts of abventures. The speakers ended up being Forte I, finished with walnut veneer. Bonus! End of backstory)

Any way, I brought them in and hooked them up. I played an assortment of favorites and was quite impressed. They are pictured in their initial placement, mixed between my la Saclas and Anarchy subwoofers. I listened without the subs. They are very impressive.  Only drawback is that it takes almost a full watt of power to give the volume that the la Scala get at just above .33 watts. But they will thump! Me Gusta! Also shown is the music sampled so far. Up next are the Brandenburg Concertos, Berliner Philharmoniker, Herbert von Karajan conducting. His interpretation is a bit staid and formal, but the recording is well done.

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

• Like 6