What I Got Today!

Brac

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Dirtbike was a Maico 490.  I figure if it couldn't man-handle that tire, probably nothing out there could.

Back in those days it wasn't a question of whether the bike could handle the tire, it was a question of whether the rider could handle the bike! Fifty horsepower with a powerband 1000 RPM wide and a throttle like a toggle switch.

10 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My kind of tires!!!

Years ago, I had a dirt bike.  Bought it in 1,000 pieces as the prior owner snapped a shaft in the engine and decided to take entire bike apart to fix it up.

I got it, fixed some things...took the rear wheel & swing arm to the local motorcycle shop & told them I wanted the largest rear tire that would fit.  He looked at me, hemmed & hawed....  said he had...(pulled one out) THIS tire....  but he wasn't sure the bike could pull it.

I said no problems.....put it on for me.

Dirtbike was a Maico 490.  I figure if it couldn't man-handle that tire, probably nothing out there could.

Fun stuff!!

Winter tires

s-l640.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, A1UC said:

8cfa221ae598b797d268ce057037174d.jpg

Added this last yr to the collection , adding turbo soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I looked into the Honda briefly as I am a big Honda fan (not fanboi).

I specifically opted to not get the turbo model on these purchases.  I didn't want any "turbo car problems".  After tuning countless boosted race and street cars, owning a bunch, I know what happens.  I wanted to focus on getting out on the trails.  And, I don't feel like my tuned 900 is lacking power, even at 8-9k ft ASL.

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Can you plow snow with those things?

JJK

Absolutely.  I got rid of my previous plow machine when I bought these as I didn't want to maintain more than 2 machines, but the 570 will become the new plow machine.

49420228667_dd67483d1b_h.jpg  

28 minutes ago, A1UC said:

8 miles and already back to shop
not charging

bad stator  -------or bad alternator -----------or bad battery -or wiring harness   ---------what was it ?

6 minutes ago, A1UC said:

Funny thing is that machine only has a 6 month warranty and Im over that so now they want me to pay

there is such a thing as a Lemon Law , but the vehicle must have more flaws ,or several flaws ,   

I would call the factory  head office . or a letter and complain ,  they'll repair it -----did you ever find out what was wrong ------

there is such a thing as a Lemon Law , but the vehicle must have more flaws ,or several flaws ,   

I would call the factory  head office . or a letter and complain ,  they'll repair it -----did you ever find out what was wrong ------

Still waiting been there 4 days , I told them about issue 2 days after I bought it but my fault I waited so long

1 minute ago, A1UC said:

Still waiting been there 4 days , I told them about issue 2 days after I bought it but my fault I waited so long

nope , you reported it ,so there is a trace , and paperwork they  should have  filed  it in the system , and  opened a ticket  for a warranty repair  with the factory  ,  that should be covered , by a GOOD WILL  repair , which is an exception  , by all manufacturers   , call the Factory , and explain the situation ------normally , they should have picked the 4 wheeler  from your location ,and repaired and brought it back -       

when a vehicle is DOA - dead on arrival , that means the vehicle was not tested properly prior to the delivery or the final assembly plant  , a bit like a Lemon ,  it 's poor quality control , that can't happen -----

nope , you reported it ,so there is a trace , and paperwork they  should have  filed  it in the system , and  opened a ticket  for a warranty repair  with the factory  ,  that should be covered , by a GOOD WILL  repair , which is an exception  , by all manufacturers   , call the Factory , and explain the situation ------normally , they should have picked the 4 wheeler  from your location ,and repaired and brought it back -       

when a vehicle is DOA - dead on arrival , that means the vehicle was not tested properly prior to the delivery or the final assembly plant  , a bit like a Lemon ,  it 's poor quality control , that can't happen -----

Thanks for the info , I was waiting till they call that its done and see how it was handled if they charge me Ill pay it but Polaris will get a call .

Just now, A1UC said:

Thanks for the info , I was waiting till they call that its done and see how it was handled if they charge me Ill pay it but Polaris will get a call .

right -----the service manager should have handled it right away for you --

• Like 1