What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Almost a year without a dog. So hard to put them down and say goodbye. Today is pretty exciting. First non-greyhound in 20 years

That's awesome! He already looks right at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, rplace said:

First non-greyhound in 20 years

Were your greyhounds rescue dogs? There used to be a group in Chattanooga which placed greyhounds to good homes.

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Clover, rplace.  Now that's a lawn.  None of that monoculture grass stuff.  It's good for the soil, too.

All natural here. I'm too lazy for chemicals, fertilizers and the like. Heck, it is lucky if it gets cut. 

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

Were your greyhounds rescue dogs? There used to be a group in Chattanooga which placed greyhounds to good homes.

Yes, two different rescue groups in it central PA and WV area. I've had dogs from CT, WV and Daytona Beach. All wonderful retired racers. Sadly the breed has a lot of osteosarcoma (Bone Cncer). We had to put two down less than a year apart and they were only 7 and 8 years old. The first one made it to 14.

Almost a year without a dog. So hard to put them down and say goodbye. Today is pretty exciting. First non-greyhound in 20 years

rps20200708_142421.thumb.jpg.feaa006a67eaeba034d692b5892b843a.jpg

rps20200708_142403.thumb.jpg.cad54e4cfd5ab98316e9d136bee221fb.jpg

rps20200708_142904.thumb.jpg.a440062d9d8cccf4bb1c087163d2242d.jpg

Great looking dog.  What’s his name?  Please don’t say Bo or Belein, like my doc’s dogs.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Great looking dog.  What’s his name?  Please don’t say Bo or Belein, like my doc’s dogs.

I wanted Sid, wife said no to Sid Vicious

I wanted Pete, as in Townshend - Rejected

I lobbied hard for Marley (Ya Mon) she said too close to Barley the last dog we put down

I tried Jimmy (Hendrix, Page, McGriff, the list goes on) - Nope

I knew Edge would not fly so did not even float it as a possibility

Since he made his way to us via a great rescue nabbing dogs from Kill shelters down south (Alabama in his case) we though a southern gentleman's name could work, nothing came to mind that stuck. We briefly though of Bear but passed....Roll Tide!

Eventually we agreed on Bo, no lie. She thinks it is a good southern name, possibly even short for Bocephus. She likes to say "Bo Knows Cute!"....But I sleep well at night knowing it is the precursor to Schembechler, or possibly short for Bono. I'm sure with a puppy we will say many, many time Bo-NO! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

didn't you already go thru a pair of Beryllium's some time ago?

I keep waiting to stumble across  a pair of closed backs on the secondary market at a decent price as a match to my clears...

35 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Absolutely sweet Scott LK-150.  Restored and great tubes.  These are superb amps

-the Best Scott amp ,   the chassis looks mint  ------look at these transformers -congrats ---

rps20200708_142421.thumb.jpg.feaa006a67eaeba034d692b5892b843a.jpg

life without a dog is like life without sunshine

• Like 1