What I Got Today!

Brac

HybridTubeAmp.jpg

Could not resist at about $155.00 plus free shipping. It's for my 44 year old "computer speakers" (rebuilt Yamaha NS-1000M speakers with new Dayton Woofers and old Berylium Mids and Tweets). I have not been a "tube guy" since my teens and early 30's. When I met PWK in 1985 I still had a Marantz 8B driving my Khorns for several years. I believe STRONGLY in Class D amplifiers for their great performance, high efficiency, and NEUTRALITY, but this tube pre-amp section should add the "sweet distortion" provided by the emphasis on 2nd order hamonics tubes are known for without compromising the BASS response of the Solid State Power section. I'm no sure about the DAC part, but nowadays, 24 bit/96 Khz. appears to be the new minimum standard, but I don't care since I have a USB Sabre Dac for my headphones I can plug into the AUX 1. 

https://b2b.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-hta100bt-hybrid-stereo-tube-amplifier-with-bluetooth-usb-aux-in-sub-out-100w--300-3842

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I hope they're both not male.

I had 2 Rotties that were males ,  they got along very well except for when they would eat at home , they would have to be separated  , but , on the road  , in the car , they shared everything  -

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

HybridTubeAmp.jpg

Could not resist at about $155.00 plus free shipping. It's for my 44 year old "computer speakers" (rebuilt Yamaha NS-1000M speakers with new Dayton Woofers and old Berylium Mids and Tweets). I have not been a "tube guy" since my teens and early 30's. When I met PWK in 1985 I still had a Marantz 8B driving my Khorns for several years. I believe STRONGLY in Class D amplifiers for their great performance, high efficiency, and NEUTRALITY, but this tube pre-amp section should add the "sweet distortion" provided by the emphasis on 2nd order hamonics tubes are known for without compromising the BASS response of the Solid State Power section. I'm no sure about the DAC part, but nowadays, 24 bit/96 Khz. appears to be the new minimum standard, but I don't care since I have a USB Sabre Dac for my headphones I can plug into the AUX 1. 

https://b2b.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-hta100bt-hybrid-stereo-tube-amplifier-with-bluetooth-usb-aux-in-sub-out-100w--300-3842

I got the same deal and tried it, and returned it after 24 hours.

To my ears, I was very disappointed with  the sound, the constant drop outs, although the amp looks nice.

I used the same setup with my Herseys III's.,  same cables and source.

Really a waste of money, even for everyday listening. But again, my ears are used to a much higher quality tubes amps, hence the immediate dislike.

Caution: YMMV. 

57 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I got the same deal and tried it, and returned it after 24 hours.

To my ears, I was very disappointed with  the sound, the constant drop outs, although the amp looks nice.

I used the same setup with my Herseys III's.,  same cables and source.

Really a waste of money, even for everyday listening. But again, my ears are used to a much higher quality tubes amps, hence the immediate dislike.

Caution: YMMV. 

It will be compared to a full class D when I hook it up this weekend. My mileage will vary indeed. It seems like it's almost too good to be true, eh? But if you were getting constant dropouts, that's a defective unit, so hard to judge by that. Hopefully mine will pass muster, but PE is great on returns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

I had 2 Rotties that were males ,  they got along very well except for when they would eat at home , they would have to be separated  , but , on the road  , in the car , they shared everything  -

I never had 2 males that didn't fight to be the alpha.  Normally it starts when the puppy starts to get some size on him.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, A1UC said:

28a50c75950382b348920e5908dc659b.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAUTIFUL baby Rotty!

We have always had 2 dogs at a time, usually 1 Golden and 1 GSD.

They have all been males with the exception of one female German Shepherd in the mix.

I loved her, but she swore me off ever having another female dog.

Our current Male GSD and our new Rhodesian that I showed earlier (both Males), are getting along fabulously... so far.

Congrats on the new addition A1UC!

• Like 2

"Vanity sizing" seems to be the norm now.  Even Levi's which used to be so reliable can't be counted on for consistency or the same cut from the past.  I have seen online that they still make good old shrink to fit jeans using the old patterns, at hundreds of dollars---it's insane.

53 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

"Vanity sizing" seems to be the norm now.  Even Levi's which used to be so reliable can't be counted on for consistency or the same cut from the past.  I have seen online that they still make good old shrink to fit jeans using the old patterns, at hundreds of dollars---it's insane.

I heard a few years ago on CBC Radio that Levi’s come in 5 quality levels, so the cheap ones at Walmart are nowhere near as good as the ones at more high-priced stores.

Doesn’t vanity sizing mostly affect clothes that come in Small-Medium-Large?  The garments that come in inches are still the same, aren’t they?

5 hours ago, Islander said:

The garments that come in inches are still the same, aren’t they?

No, they are not.  That's the problem.  I used to be able to take the right size off the shelf and not worry.  Now the variances are crazy.  I'm not shrinking, but some of the sizes are, or more accurately, expanding.  What used to be a 32 might now be labeled 30, and there is no rhyme or reason to it.

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No, they are not.  That's the problem.  I used to be able to take the right size off the shelf and not worry.  Now the variances are crazy.  I'm not shrinking, but some of the sizes are, or more accurately, expanding.  What used to be a 32 might now be labeled 30, and there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I normally gain a few lbs in the winter and then loose them during the summer. When my Levi's are getting a bit to tight I use a couple of short (6-8in) 1by 2's

and use the reverse clamp when they come out of the washer, wet.  Close the button and fly and apply pressure and bingo you will gain an inch or 2 of waist room after they dry.

You'd be surprised how much pressure they will take.

IMG_1357.JPG

• Haha 3