What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
23 hours ago, NADman said:

Close the button and fly and apply pressure and bingo you will gain an inch or 2 of waist room after they dry.

You'd be surprised how much pressure they will take.

No I wouldn't be surprised, look at the pressure some ladies jeans are put under. It's astonishing, I think they grease there legs to squeeze in them. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, dtel said:

No I wouldn't be surprised, look at the pressure some ladies jeans are put under. It's astonishing, I think they grease there legs to squeeze in them. :lol:

Elden ... the most favored forum member as voted on by the ladies of the forum. 

• Haha 1

This week I got a "new to me" set of shelves for my kit. Looks a lot neater than the old stack on a converted sewing machine table.

It had two empty shelves, so I bid on a public surplus site for a lot of electronics from the Yuma courthouse and won. Included in the lot were two Crown XLS 2000 and two Crown D 45 amps. Now to integrate these into the system.

Also included were six JAVS (Jefferson Audio Visual Systems) Recorder 7's. The hard drives have been removed. Can't find much info on these and do not know what I can do with them. May donate them to the East Valley Institute of Technology, a local High School level tech school. (Unless anyone here has a use for some of them)

Also two dbx AFS 224 units. The auction ad just said dbx boxes. I hoped they were the electronic crossover units, to use for bi/tri amping the la Scalas, but alas, they were not. These will prolly go to the church, or for sale if the church can't use them. 

In any event I got four useful amps for less than a Benjamin a piece, not counting the round trip to Yuma, so a good week after all.

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

Esoteric K01 XD and Luxman D10X are the 2 top players now with built in DAC very hard to get either one . I started out with K01 XD very good , I’m now comparing it to the Luxman .
I didn’t have a chance to listen long but will tonight . I feel so far that there is a good chance the Luxman might come out on top .

e9ce4fd2fdf3add90c28584a7b7cc818.jpg
626f29516b1a82396092b7c5a241c710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 8/8/2020 at 11:00 PM, BigStewMan said:

Elden ... the most favored forum member as voted on by the ladies of the forum. 

I'm not complaining, most of the time, but sometimes it's whoa :huh:

The truth can get you in trouble

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SWL said:

These tubes sound really nice in my amp. Been hearing good things about them for years now. They live up to the hype.9bfdf14c65cf92d060bf38355b5e4e52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In 1965 in my line of work we used to throw them away by the bushel full for bad intermodulation.

JJK

• Like 1

Not today but two days ago.....I got whiplash and a concussion.

Got rear-ended by a 17 year old girl. I was about to turn at an intersection going less than 20 mph and she hit me at full speed. Most likely a minimum of 55 mph. A witness seen it all from a perfect side view.

This all happened in the middle of a serious storm with tornado sightings all around us. Major PITA.

$7000 worth of damage to my car and the interesting thing is the damage to my driver seat. It's completely tweaked from the impact. The headrest that is normally straight up and down was bent back at a 45 degree angle from my head/neck snapping back. The whole back of the driver seat is bent as well. Bad headaches and a serious stiff neck but all tests reveal I'm ok. Thank God.

All because a 17 year old was flying down the road probably playing with her phone. I'm fed up with this crap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1