What I Got Today!

Brac

On 8/6/2020 at 7:56 AM, JJkizak said:

I received a pair of jeans size 36/29 and they fit great. I usually get 38/28. Makes you wonder.

JJK

My Dad had a motto for wearing jeans.....

I wear a size 34

But a 36 feels so good

I go ahead and get 38s

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SWL said:

Not today but two days ago.....I got whiplash and a concussion.

Got rear-ended by a 17 year old girl. I was about to turn at an intersection going less than 20 mph and she hit me at full speed. Most likely a minimum of 55 mph. A witness seen it all from a perfect side view.

This all happened in the middle of a serious storm with tornado sightings all around us. Major PITA.

$7000 worth of damage to my car and the interesting thing is the damage to my driver seat. It's completely tweaked from the impact. The headrest that is normally straight up and down was bent back at a 45 degree angle from my head/neck snapping back. The whole back of the driver seat is bent as well. Bad headaches and a serious stiff neck but all tests reveal I'm ok. Thank God.

All because a 17 year old was flying down the road probably playing with her phone. I'm fed up with this crap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Glad you weren't banged up too bad. What car will you get now?

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Not today but two days ago.....I got whiplash and a concussion.

Got rear-ended by a 17 year old girl. I was about to turn at an intersection going less than 20 mph and she hit me at full speed. Most likely a minimum of 55 mph. A witness seen it all from a perfect side view.

This all happened in the middle of a serious storm with tornado sightings all around us. Major PITA.

$7000 worth of damage to my car and the interesting thing is the damage to my driver seat. It's completely tweaked from the impact. The headrest that is normally straight up and down was bent back at a 45 degree angle from my head/neck snapping back. The whole back of the driver seat is bent as well. Bad headaches and a serious stiff neck but all tests reveal I'm ok. Thank God.

All because a 17 year old was flying down the road probably playing with her phone. I'm fed up with this crap.

Get rid of the car. I hope you are going to not going to suffer anything long term. I had this happen to me before. Full stop, foot on the brake, turning left into my driveway waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. Minivan hit me dead on, never hit the brakes going 50mph. 2 weeks out of work, chiropractor, 2 years fighting insurance. I had intermittent boughts of back pain for 2 years afterward. Now, I always stare into my rear view when I am in this position, always prepared for these boneheads. Very important to keep your wheels straight. Anyone else, if you find yourself in this situation, take my advice and get an ambulance and an attorney. Yes, even when you feel fine and are not worried at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SWL said:

Yeah, I'm interested to know that as well. The repair costs are more than what the car is valued at.

This is all a first for me....

Sorry to hear SWL. An accident like that can end with terrible results. 
I was on a business trip driving in PA, dead stop for heavy traffic, look in the rear view and the car was barreling down on me. A quick calculation told me “she ain’t stoppin”. Full bore rear ended, brake never touched. Came out of it remarkably well albeit a ride to the ER for good measure. The best part - I call the office while in the ambulance, siren blaring, to have someone tell the Pres. to cancel the afternoon appointment. He asks why I can’t make it - well the siren you hear of the ambulance I’m in should be your first clue. I ended the call — 

• Like 2

Just filled out a form online (Edmunds?) to see what the car is worth. Prior to the accident it tells me $5200.00. Estimate for repair is north of $6000.00.

Seems obvious that I wouldn't put pay more money to fix it than it's worth. Interesting to see how this pans out. Like I said, this is a first for me. Thankfully I've never had to go down this road before.....

4 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Anyone else, if you find yourself in this situation, take my advice and get an ambulance and an attorney. Yes, even when you feel fine and are not worried at the moment.

Yes to this. Very, very sad we live in a society now that this is the only way you will be treated fairly. The at fault driver's insurance company will do NOTHING for you until forced to. Your own insurance may not even do anything for you. That was my experience without a lawyer trying to take care of an accident that was not my fault that totaled my wife's car.

Get rid of the car. I hope you are going to not going to suffer anything long term. I had this happen to me before. Full stop, foot on the brake, turning left into my driveway waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. Minivan hit me dead on, never hit the brakes going 50mph. 2 weeks out of work, chiropractor, 2 years fighting insurance. I had intermittent boughts of back pain for 2 years afterward. Now, I always stare into my rear view when I am in this position, always prepared for these boneheads. Very important to keep your wheels straight. Anyone else, if you find yourself in this situation, take my advice and get an ambulance and an attorney. Yes, even when you feel fine and are not worried at the moment.
Talking with an attorney today.

• Like 3