What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You NEVER use a 90 in a clean out.  You NEVER use a T in a clean out.

The T only goes to my "breather" line. The pipe that would ever need cleanout is a good 2 feet below the "T" I added. If I get effluent that high up God help me:)

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice wall, with the amount of block remaining, looks like you're going up quite a few more courses. Those block are the big boys, solid. I normally use the hollow style then fill the middle with stone. Do they rely on their weight to hold them or is there some kind of anchor, glue? Nice place Eric.

These particular blocks have a lip on the bottom back of block that locks them into the course below and gives each successive couse about a 1 inch set back. Wall is supposed to be 3 foot high at least at the staircase end then will probably step down. Thanks for the compliment and again you will see it soon? In person?

12 hours ago, HPower said:

This arrived today in the mail, should add a little extra to the exhaust note on the SDGT.

Arrow_1sm.thumb.jpg.86fcee2ce9d63e918d0da8fce676aa6b.jpg

That’s handy.  It has an arrow, so you know which way to put it on.  <wink>

Seriously, that looks pretty cool.  The craftsmanship looks really good in the pictures, so it probably looks and feels pretty good in the flesh, too.  Nothing like “adding lightness” for improvements in several ways.  Let’s hope it adds some power as well.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, Ceptorman said:

No such thing as going over board! 

That's a predictable Klipsch Forum statement 😎... ie, tweeters that measure 40in x 25.5in. 😳

I would be guilty as charged on that one.

Here are a few pics.

Before:

IMG_2114.thumb.jpg.4581c3a974d473cfc0478aa95289a885.jpg

After:

IMG_2161.thumb.jpg.b7abceafc11afefa9c0909675c6458ae.jpg

IMG_2158.thumb.jpg.521ce7beb240b88314f3914e9c5b9552.jpg

IMG_2159.thumb.jpg.a39acf1fe52eec39b1fd8e84632d3ca5.jpg

Took the GT out for a 30 minute ride yesterday and I am very happy with the new sound.

Should not be overly obnoxious for the neighbours, but they will hear me coming now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HPower said:

That's a predictable Klipsch Forum statement 😎... ie, tweeters that measure 40in x 25.5in. 😳

I would be guilty as charged on that one.

Here are a few pics.

Before:

IMG_2114.thumb.jpg.4581c3a974d473cfc0478aa95289a885.jpg

After:

IMG_2161.thumb.jpg.b7abceafc11afefa9c0909675c6458ae.jpg

IMG_2159.thumb.jpg.a39acf1fe52eec39b1fd8e84632d3ca5.jpg

Took the GT out for a 30 minute ride yesterday and I am very happy with the new sound.

Should not be overly obnoxious for the neighbours, but they will hear me coming now.

Man that sure is a nice bike. That Arrow system has a clean look to it, looks much better now. I know those bags and trunk are handy, but it sure looks sleek without them. Do you do much touring, and ride year round? All this talk about bikes has given me a fever!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HPower said:

KTM looks great without the panniers installed.

I can not stand the looks of my FJR without the panniers.

Thought I would never have a trunk on a bike, but now I can not imagine not having one for riding to work or on a trip.

Nice choice on the Arrow

1 hour ago, HPower said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davis said:

Now your talking.

I am sure MotoAmerica at IMS didnt help.

Haha, it's your fault! We you meet a guy at the racetrack and he rides 2 different bikes in 2 days....the pressure is on. 

Did you watch that bagger race at Laguna? That was crazy!

• Like 2

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

I only bought her about 6 weeks ago (first of Sept.) and am still getting back in the riding mode after not having a bike in 10-12 years.

The plan is to get out next summer for a couple good tours, provided Covid will allow some nice destinations by next year.

You will notice some of the fallen leaves in the above shots, which means up here (I am about a hour north of Toronto), winter is around the corner. ☹️

Probably only a couple decent days for a ride remain before tucking the bike away in the garage until next April.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha, it's your fault! We you meet a guy at the racetrack and he rides 2 different bikes in 2 days....the pressure is on. 

Did you watch that bagger race at Laguna? That was crazy!

I haven't watched it yet but do want to see it.

Trying to talk my friend with his Victory Cross Country Tour into it lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HPower said:

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

I only bought her about 6 weeks ago (first of Sept.) and am still getting back in the riding mode after not having a bike in 10-12 years.

The plan is to get out next summer for a couple good tours, provided Covid will allow some nice destinations by next year.

You will notice some of the fallen leaves in the above shots, which means up here (I am about a hour north of Toronto), winter is around the corner. ☹️

Probably only a couple decent days for a ride remain before tucking the bike away in the garage until next April.

Same here, I was able to get in a 6 hour ride to Ohio last week to St Marys lake. been wanting to ride over there for awhile, It was a rare warm day and I made a quick decision and 30 minutes later on was on the bike on my way.

Kind of like getting a phone call from Bill saying I am already  at the speedway. 30 minutes later I was headed there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HPower said:

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davis said:

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

Nice FJ Davis!

The Yamaha was on my short list along with the BMW R1200/1250 RS.

I ultimately went with the SDGT because it leans toward the sport side of things but figured if I added the top case it

would still be comfortable enough to convince the wife to get out for some riding.

Your FJR must be great for longer two up rides?

• Like 3