What I Got Today!

Brac

7 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Happy for you.  Enjoy!  What are they replacing?

Nothing just moving around the CW IIIs. Haven't finalized the plans yet. One system HT/stereo or in different rooms. I understand that 396s are the closest center to the Jubs (without a 3rd jub) however I was told no way on a walnut 396.

2 hours ago, HPower said:

Yes the bags and top case are very handy, but they come off in 30 seconds for each.

I only bought her about 6 weeks ago (first of Sept.) and am still getting back in the riding mode after not having a bike in 10-12 years.

The plan is to get out next summer for a couple good tours, provided Covid will allow some nice destinations by next year.

You will notice some of the fallen leaves in the above shots, which means up here (I am about a hour north of Toronto), winter is around the corner. ☹️

Probably only a couple decent days for a ride remain before tucking the bike away in the garage until next April.

Almost all of our leave are on the ground here as well. It's raining and mid 50s. A little warmer and sunny next week. 

45 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

All you cycle riders!  Are we going to have to add a fourth "C" to the thread title?

I think you're right, and another C to your thread also. 

4 wheels moves the body....2 wheels move the soul.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davis said:

I haven't watched it yet but do want to see it.

Trying to talk my friend with his Victory Cross Country Tour into it lol

That could be interesting....does he need someone to race it for him? I can re-instate my racing license 😀

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Same here, I was able to get in a 6 hour ride to Ohio last week to St Marys lake. been wanting to ride over there for awhile, It was a rare warm day and I made a quick decision and 30 minutes later on was on the bike on my way.

Kind of like getting a phone call from Bill saying I am already  at the speedway. 30 minutes later I was headed there.

And you were in your seat about an hour after that. That's a great testament to getting around Indy, in an area with 2 million people, you can be 30 miles away, and be in your seat at IMS in 1 hour, even without the covid cooties keeping people at home.

1 hour ago, HPower said:

Nice FJ Davis!

The Yamaha was on my short list along with the BMW R1200/1250 RS.

I ultimately went with the SDGT because it leans toward the sport side of things but figured if I added the top case it

would still be comfortable enough to convince the wife to get out for some riding.

Your FJR must be great for longer two up rides?

The KTM is way more sporty for sure. I really like it. sadly no KTM dealers in Indy.

Actually I have never been 2 up on the FJR.

If i am feeling sporty I do have this to run around on..

ducati ims 2.jpg

• Like 2

Nice scooter Davis, sounded good too. Even though I'm approaching 60, I would still get something sporty. I doubt I would ever get a cruiser. I'm leaning more towards sport/touring......ST1300, FJR1300, 800 Interceptor, but what I really like is a VFR1200. It does have shaft drive, but also 175 HP. Rapid Touring 😁

28 minutes ago, Davis said:

The KTM is way more sporty for sure. I really like it. sadly no KTM dealers in Indy.

Actually I have never been 2 up on the FJR.

If i am feeling sporty I do have this to run around on..

ducati ims 2.jpg

Beautiful, what year and model is the Monster?

V2 power is fun!!!

Between those two bikes, you have all your bases covered. 🤓

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice scooter Davis, sounded good too. Even though I'm approaching 60, I would still get something sporty. I doubt I would ever get a cruiser. I'm leaning more towards sport/touring......ST1300, FJR1300, 800 Interceptor, but what I really like is a VFR1200. It does have shaft drive, but also 175 HP. Rapid Touring 😁

My 61st BDay was the middle of August, so the KTM was basically a present for myself. 🥳

So, 60ish should not stop you from staying sporty!

VTwin power is fun and has lots of character, but so does the V4.

It's a combination of the cool things of both the V2 and the ILine4.

I had a 1994 VFR, it was a great bike, as the newer 800 Interceptor is.

But, there is a lot to be said about liter plus bikes!

• Like 2