What I Got Today!

Brac

50 minutes ago, HPower said:

Beautiful, what year and model is the Monster?

V2 power is fun!!!

Between those two bikes, you have all your bases covered. 🤓

Thanks

2017 M821

Best sounding stock exhaust I have heard.

Still no match for the Super Duke though.

I am 58yo and my birthday is mid August as well.

12 minutes ago, HPower said:

My 61st BDay was the middle of August, so the KTM was basically a present for myself. 🥳

So, 60ish should not stop you from staying sporty!

VTwin power is fun and has lots of character, but so does the V4.

It's a combination of the cool things of both the V2 and the ILine4.

I had a 1994 VFR, it was a great bike, as the newer 800 Interceptor is.

But, there is a lot to be said about liter plus bikes!

My last bike was a 1000cc V-Twin, Honda RC51. It was a lot of fun, aggressive but not too hardcore. I did quite a few 800 mile weekends on that bike. Corbin seat and Heli bars helped a lot.

6 hours ago, Davis said:

Thanks

2017 M821

Best sounding stock exhaust I have heard.

Still no match for the Super Duke though.

I am 58yo and my birthday is mid August as well.

Ducati really does have a great sound.

Just for the neighbors, throw a Termignoni exhaust on. 😳

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My last bike was a 1000cc V-Twin, Honda RC51. It was a lot of fun, aggressive but not too hardcore. I did quite a few 800 mile weekends on that bike. Corbin seat and Heli bars helped a lot.

I may have mentioned earlier, but I also had a 2001 RC51, my only other VTwin until now.

At 172hp or so on the KTM, that's about 50 ponies more than the Honda, 1 Liter Duck Eater... sorry Davis. 😉

I had some Sato Racing slip-ons on the RC51... holy cow!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, HPower said:

full Akrapovic system

I have been thinking about one for my V Strom. But, I made the mistake of riding the V Srom 1000, so now I am thinking of waiting to put it on the 1K.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:27 AM, Davis said:

Mine come off that quick as well.

But It is no way the same as your KTM, the FJR is still a sport tour bike no matter what, even sans panniers and top case. It needs a better suspension components.

fjr ims 2.jpg

Check you out with the Yosh...👍

I have the T-Rex guards both front and rear so it doesn't look right without the side cases. I read too many stories about the expense of dropping the FJR without the guards. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Davis said:

Actually I have never been 2 up on the FJR.

I have a few times, and I have loaded it for touring. Riding 2 up, I couldn't really tell any difference. Riding fully packed, I was more aware of the need to park where the extra weight wasn't a worry and no difference while riding. 

As far as a top case, I have a few Givi to pick from, depending on what I want. The FJ1200 didn't come with cases, so I really do like have them on the Feejer and the Wee. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ceptorman said:

I'm leaning more towards sport/touring......ST1300, FJR1300, 800 Interceptor, but what I really like is a VFR1200. It does have shaft drive, but also 175 HP. Rapid Touring 😁

Do it 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Drewg said:

Curious to hear your impressions. I’m considering this brand. I’m currently using my oppo bdp-105 as a dac.

So far I am very impressed. I ended up getting the Ares II because it was in stock and would ship quickly 9 days from ordering in Singapore to my door. I was a bit skeptical, it being the lowest model, not to mention all the glowing praise and hype online. I figured since it was relatively cheap and the demand seems high I'd have no problem reselling.

This has completely changed my mind about digital. The soundstage is wide and deep exactly what I was missing from the previous DACs I've tried. To be fair none were particularly special. What really has been amazing for me is revisiting 80s and 90s music. The Cure, The Cult, REM, U2, Wallflowers, Smashing Pumpkins, Toad the wet sprocket, etc. Inshort all of the music I've never had on vinyl. Old Jazz well mastered classic pop/Rock and female vocals always sounded fantastic on my vinyl rig and that is almost exclusively what I've listened to in my dedicated space. I've had some pretty decent disc players buy Denon an Oppo but just never warmed up to that type of music for critical listening. Now it not only sounds good it sounds quite amazing.

I still think my vinyl setup sounds better. But this bottom-of-the-barrel Denafrips has really opened my eyes as to what might be possible. I'm reasonably sure I'll be selling the Aries soon and jumping way up the Denafrips food chain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, A1UC said:

cd6cf3b2555accaff6910de9b83527cf.jpg
All unpacked but for got my cables so can’t hook them up till next weekend
Devore O/96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. They sure have great reviews, would like to hear your opinion on these. I saw the Birdseye Maple version online, they look fantastic also.