What I Got Today!

Brac

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

Looking forward to hearing what you think, in your room, good looking woodgrain. 

almost afraid to hook up and turn on; never heard a set. Leaving on the dollies to move from room to room. Designer is working on the furnishings, rugs, etc. I have the Jubs, electronics, a lawn chair and liquor 

Jub in LR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

almost afraid to hook up and turn on; never heard a set. Leaving on the dollies to move from room to room. Designer is working on the furnishings, rugs, etc. I have the Jubs, electronics, a lawn chair and liquor 

Congratulations!!!

I know what you are saying.

When I built my Tigerwood Jub-likes, I was very apprehensive to plug them in after months of working on them in the garage.

I had also never heard or had seen a pair of Jubs...

Trust me, they are going to sound absolutely F#@ing FABULOUS! 😎

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Sounds and looks like you have everything you need

Dollies are a good idea for now.

Nothing to be afraid of, it's going to be great, I have no doubt at all. Glad your got the Xilica, if it's programed already it's plug and play with really good settings, or if you have to set it it's the same in the end. Add the amps and a source and you will be smiling. 

To me the active setup like that is the best way to go, 100%. IMO 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, HPower said:

I had also never heard or had seen a pair of Jubs...

Trust me, they are going to sound absolutely F#@ing FABULOUS! 😎

Your right, that's a really safe bet, they will surprise him. 

It's one of the very few speakers I would feel safe telling someone if you want them even without hearing first, just do it.

I don't have my Jub-Likes anymore, now I have my Peavey FH-1 / K-402 / K-691 combo... not quite Jubs, but very close.

A couple weeks ago I had a friend over to listen, who brought a buddy of his for a listen.

The friend of the friend was very sceptical when he heard my speakers were partly Peavey.

He pooh poohed as being crappy old pro bass bins, it was very fun to watch him change his tune after the first minute of music.

I think a lot of non believers think pro gear like the Klipsch Jubilee cannot be a HiFi system.

But hearing is believing, as our friend USNRET is about to find out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Jub in LR.jpg

u gunna luv dem:)

14 minutes ago, babadono said:

BTW can you say "rugs" specially right in front on that hardwood.

Did you notice the lawn chair? That is it for furnishings. Designer has the entire house and pool area to deal with It will be interesting to see what she presents next Saturday. Starting all over and throwing out the furniture that has raised two kids and a dog on. We shall see.

9 hours ago, HPower said:

I think a lot of non believers think pro gear like the Klipsch Jubilee cannot be a HiFi system.

But hearing is believing, as our friend USNRET is about to find out!

Boy is he ever! Klipsch Pro gear IS the best Klipsch HiFi sound. Those Jubes will skunk the rest from KHorns on down.

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Jub in LR.jpg

I would have without hesitation kicked the boxes into the hallway and fired them up. No dignified restraint here.

• Haha 1

My music/play room is about 20x22x10. Those would fit fine here, and take up less room than what I have now. Congrats, Mike! I haven't heard Jubes since the party at the Klipsch HQ that was around 2006/7. I know Roy has tweaked them a lot since them.