What I Got Today!

Brac

2 men and a strong boy to lift it,  or move it on the rack, wonder what they were thinking...................As we get older we are supposed to make life easier[emoji846]

Having broke ribs won’t help me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

how did I miss this post?  I'm generally all over guitar stuff.   You been to Norman's Rare Guitars?  Not far from Van Nuys. 

Actually I haven't. I can't afford the vintage stuff. I drive by there once in awhile. I have a nice collection of more modern premier guitars, mostly electrics. 

My client Joe Bonamassa has a nice vintage collection though, to put it mildly! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

He had a better pharmacist than you.

I spent one night in the hospital and they tried to give me morphine which is refused. the doctor begged me to take something and asked if I'd at least take some Vicodin. I agreed and took it for a couple of days. then switched to 800mg Motrin, then my stomach started bleeding and the stomach doctor said don't take any pain killers. the broken ribs really only hurt bad for a couple of days, after that it was only if I moved into the wrong position or bumped into something. 

1 minute ago, Buddy Shagmore said:

Actually I haven't. I can't afford the vintage stuff. I drive by there once in awhile. I have a nice collection of more modern premier guitars, mostly electrics. 

My client Joe Bonamassa has a nice vintage collection though, to put it mildly! 

that's cool.  I have 10 myself, both acoustic and electric.  Taylor, Fender, Gretsch, Brian May, even two 80+ year old ones that my Grandfather and his brother made. Next up is probably a Deusenberg. 

Merry Christmas and enjoy the Taylor, they're my favorite acoustic. 

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

that's cool.  I have 10 myself, both acoustic and electric.  Taylor, Fender, Gretsch, Brian May, even two 80+ year old ones that my Grandfather and his brother made. Next up is probably a Deusenberg. 

Merry Christmas and enjoy the Taylor, they're my favorite acoustic. 

I was eyeballin' various Collings D2H dreadnaughts before I pulled the trigger on the Taylor. The Collings cost about 3k more. Not that they aren't worth it. I guess I will just have to get one a little further down the road. My electrics are from Don Grosh, Doug Kauer, Collings, Brian Monty, Gibson and Fender. Good grief! Merry Christmas! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bubo said:

Too bad Emo got out of the DAC business, they were the Industry innovator with the XDA 1

I think you will like the emo.

Food for thought

I picked up a Pioneer VSX 4900S 1991 surround amp the other day for $14

It was the TOTL stereo receiver  for pioneer that year with the surround grafted on

I'm using it with Heresys

By chance I have a collection of these from various Mfgs that were the Statement product of their year

HK, Yammys, Pioneer, Sony . 

Some have great tuner sections, room EQ correction on the newer ones

Some I paid zero for. For a couple of hundred bucks and some patience, you can get a good variety each has a personality.

If you want to experience a lot of different statement receivers look in the 1990-2005

Just turn off all of the surround features, hit the direct button if they have one

I might pick up an HK and another Yamaha after Christmas if the seller still has them, $60 for both

YMMV

I have never had an Emotiva, so I am curious to try it out. I have actually liked the T amp, but wanted to try something "better". I'm hoping I can tell a positive difference. 

I was also looking for something small and simple as I will connect it to a computer with a good sound card.  

9 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

I have never had an Emotiva, so I am curious to try it out. I have actually liked the T amp, but wanted to try something "better". I'm hoping I can tell a positive difference. 

I was also looking for something small and simple as I will connect it to a computer with a good sound card.  

I think you will like the EMO

Like all that I mentioned, it's an AB Amp

using a switcher power supply, which Emo has put a lot of work into.

Enjoy

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

this is what I got today.. and a preview of what I'm getting tomorrow only more of it !

498886900_2f32c8fa14_z-630x420.jpg

You poor man . Doesn't your daughter have any presents for you? But I have one for you. A really good French red wine, Châteauneuf du pape from 1995. I will send you a bottle to NY if you want.

Dirtmudd.thumb.jpg.3b4224fa83cdee7017ca1032e4c4cb34.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You poor man . Doesn't your daughter have any presents for you? But I have one for you. A really good French red wine, Châteauneuf du pape from 1995. I will send you a bottle to NY if you want.

Dirtmudd.thumb.jpg.3b4224fa83cdee7017ca1032e4c4cb34.jpg

thanks anyway I dont drink it would be a waste of wine and postage..

But you can send me a Unimog !

• Haha 2