What I Got Today!

Brac

2 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

There was a dude that blew through our cul de sac on an ATV. Looked fun!

Odd saying it but I never got into snowmobiles. Driven friends' sleds here and there and had fun. 

Yea, I think the key to having fun on a sled is riding on an actually trail, and Wisconsin has some of the best trails in the world, there are 25k miles! Ive been to the Mercer area a lot, upper northeast/UP Michigan. Iron County Wisconsin is known as the sled racing capital. You can ride those trails all the way to Alaska.

Snowmobiles are fun up North in Michigan.  One local bar owner lost his head 25 years ago running at warp 3 trashed.  One single strand of barbed wire running on someone's farm and he didn't see it.  Another good looking ditzy chick went up with a group a few years ago and after riding wanted to drive one.  The guys hooked her up and off she went with them.  Panicked somehow and opened up the throttle and couldn't get back in control of it.  Hit a tree full throttle and broke her neck.  Beautiful woman I knew well along with her girls and their families.  Many around here have them and head North every winter and ride around here all the time.  Think I'd rather break a leg skiing.  :)

30 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Think I'd rather break a leg skiing.  :)

Everyone who ever rode a bicycle thinks that they can ride a motorcycle. Everyone who ever had a Flexible Flyer thinks that they can run a snowmobile. Add alcohol to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Everyone who ever rode a bicycle thinks that they can ride a motorcycle. Everyone who ever had a Flexible Flyer thinks that they can run a snowmobile. Add alcohol to the mix and it's a recipe for disaster.

Agree but she was stone cold sober.  Didn't drink or smoke dope.  Just a lil ditzy.  It happens.  Now better get back to the topic.  Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Snowmobiles are fun up North in Michigan.  One local bar owner lost his head 25 years ago running at warp 3 trashed.  One single strand of barbed wire running on someone's farm and he didn't see it.  Another good looking ditzy chick went up with a group a few years ago and after riding wanted to drive one.  The guys hooked her up and off she went with them.  Panicked somehow and opened up the throttle and couldn't get back in control of it.  Hit a tree full throttle and broke her neck.  Beautiful woman I knew well along with her girls and their families.  Many around here have them and head North every winter and ride around here all the time.  Think I'd rather break a leg skiing.  :)

That's why you have to stay on the trails. The UP Michigan is perfect for sledding. The people there expect it, and the traffic is light. You can rack up miles in Michigan, it's like a highway system, where northern Wisconsin is like a motocross track.

17 hours ago, Edgar said:

There's really nothing that handles like a snowmobile, and they don't stop very well. A snowmobile has a few items that wear, and can cause bad handling, and sleds with studded tracks have much more traction. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I replaced many a pigeon towed  skiies. runners, spark plugs, and missing windshields.

JJK

But when you're on the trail and riding, it really doesn't get any better. Rode 350+ miles one day on a sled in the UP.

I have a brother up there now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

But when you're on the trail and riding, it really doesn't get any better. Rode 350+ miles one day on a sled in the UP.

I have a brother up there now.

I forgot to mention that the drivers were not sober.

JJK

Even thought I have had 4: LAB12 drivers sitting here waiting for me to build a quad of the LAB12 TH that Claude has recommended, I picked up this guy.

IMG_2242.thumb.jpg.9c30e1e812711544500606b6f54a12a6.jpg

24in Tuba HT... The seller pulled the driver for another subwoofer project, so I ordered a RSS390HF-4 to plug into this beast.

I will be interested to compare it to  my F-20 that sits in the back corner of this room, with the same RSS390HF-4 driver.

• Like 6

I got to listen to my Jubs today. Nowhere near set up. Optical from TV / Spotify into the Parasound pre, Xilica and 2 Parasound amps. Temporary setup awaiting other things but I am greatly impressed. I was expecting a loss of bass due to room (closed on  left and open on right) but I can hear and feel this. Noise deadening shades for the 9 windows come Tuesday.

In the end this might be good.

• Like 4

On 1/26/2021 at 10:22 AM, Dave1291 said:

When I was a bike mechanic, the shop I worked in, just north of Toronto, also sold snowmobiles.  We did many more collision repairs on the sleds than on the bikes.  The sleds were often operated after dark, and alcohol was often a factor in the crashes, although the owners would never admit to that, and we would not want to pry too much, and lose a customer.

That was in the 1970s.  It sounds like not much has changed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I got to listen to my Jubs today. Nowhere near set up. Optical from TV / Spotify into the Parasound pre, Xilica and 2 Parasound amps. Temporary setup awaiting other things but I am greatly impressed. I was expecting a loss of bass due to room (closed on  left and open on right) but I can hear and feel this. Noise deadening shades for the 9 windows come Tuesday.

In the end this might be good.

Congratulations, and happy listening!

• Like 2