What I Got Today!

Brac

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

@Woofers and Tweeters

<shaking my head emoji>

I couldn't help it. I sold some Heresy and needed to fill the void.

3 hours ago, babadono said:
4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Picked these up today. 

And put 'em one on top the other:)

Had to, to conserve space. 

Not really, I have casters under the LaScala so I can move them inside and the CII get to ride. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Look great!  Sound great too I'm sure!

They sounded okay in the mancave from where I got them. Just now got home and placed the Cornwall in my main listening room, hooked them up to the Luxman R117 and put on some Supertramp.  The LaScala will be ones to wheel outside, where they are free to sing, while I do outside projects. 

• Thanks 1

@Woofers and Tweeters   My LS aren't movin ANYwhere!  hahaha  Buddy and I have been talking about putting my Heresy out on the patio when it gets nice.  3 outta 4 neighbors said great idea but the lil old lady from Pasadena next door to me would have the cops here in a heartbeat.  Even though she's out-numbered they'd prolly wanna stick around, which ain't EVEN gonna happen.  I'll prolly just open the french doors and go another notch on the PrimaLuna.  :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

the lil old lady from Pasadena next door to me would have the cops here in a heartbeat. 

Glad I don't have that problem. Inside, I can rock the MCM1900 for all I can stand without anyone hearing them, they are that far away. Outside, the LaScala will be heard by the the neighbors, I hope they enjoy it. If I can ever build a detached garage, where I can put the MCM, they will be rolled to the doorways so I can hear them outside.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MookieStl said:

LaScala's have always been intended to be "portable"! Well played!

Yeah, I remember you telling about you talking about taking your LaScala with you to your retreat and how well they sound outside. 

These and the CII were both BR, until someone painted them. I have never had cane grills before, but now I do, except they fell victim to a rattle can paint job.... and, on one, the badge was glued on the wrong end of the grill. 

IMG_9190.thumb.JPG.6eb1104b747706ab2ab2e08ac81d6be3.JPG

IMG_9192.thumb.JPG.3151fb809826dfbd92172132e082d12e.JPG

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

These and the CII were both BR, until someone painted them. I have never had cane grills before, but now I do, except they fell victim to a rattle can paint job. 

Will You do any restoring?

39 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Will You do any restoring?

Not likely, and if I don't stop taking on more work I'll not even get to listen to them. The veneer on the cabinets is not perfect, but there isn't any any deep damage. They are candidates for restoring if I had time... and I would have more time if I stopped buying more lol. 

I just now agreed to move and set up some machinery for a veneer mill, so I have access to the materials and at the right price. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, A1UC said:

I almost ordered one last week , let me know how you like it

So far it seems to serve it's purpose well. it is well made and sturdy... it allows for a very wide level of adjustments... it aides in the handling and holding of the cell for photos and videos... I only have one lens so far and it works perfectly... it does take a few minutes to set up (under 5 minutes)... I like it so far.

I can't wait to try some other dslr lenses and I think a tri/mono pod would be helpful as would a gimbal set up for video.

108mp S21 ultra 4:3 shot thru a .75 wide angle lense.

51095331165_47e2bd7028_6k.jpg

15 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Bought an older popup camper today.  Nothing fancy but it's in really nice shape and will be much better than the tent camping that my wife always wants to do!

Definitely a great camper without the headaches -weight -