What I Got Today!

Brac

41 minutes ago, babadono said:

Couple new to me subs...Danley TH-215s.

OUCH!  I like it when you start thinking outta the box.  Lemme know how those Danley's sound!  The concrete blocks, not so much!    You askin for nuttin but trouble w/all of that.  Danley's, the nice rack and gear.  Just cut to the chase and ship those Danley's to Ohio!  Oh yea, the speakers too!  Geez Louise!!!   😂

• Haha 1

Oh Man, congrats on  those Danley's. I think you got the bass covered. You've been sitting on those for a while now, yes?    Look at the beautiful curves of the K2's.  Those amps got style, probably why I have one too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

Had a Rhino Liner gift card sitting around for years, so I had the fenders on my RZR done.  I also got some new suspension for the RZR as well... And maybe some turbo parts.  :)

That looks like fun just sitting in the garage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@babadono

Enjoy them and good luck on the tuning. I went with a nearfield sub in my room and I'm quite satisfied with the results.  I'll do a little smoothing of the bass peaks and call it a day. 

20210412_132206.jpg

Whoa, a fairly potent side table.  Tried to zoom in beneath the tv and see what gear you're using. don't recognize any of it. Whatcha got there?

up against the back wall... sadface

since 'new' prices on the old style Jubilees have more than doubled over the last year to more than $20,000, I really don't need them anymore.... so

51050977906_55c8a08473_b.jpg

decided to get an appreciating asset instead...

• Like 3

IMG_20210410_152959.thumb.jpg.16602e0684d0ea0e48ce1fb8db1e1da6.jpg

Update to my previous post.

I set up two 140mm fans & thermo-switch on my Marantz AVR. Each fan has a switch with four settings off/low/medium/high, a USB plug with some length of cabe and a usb receptacle. Fans are connected to one another and then to the thermal switch. The switch has thermo-lead for temperature measuring wich goes onto your receiver, into your rack, ect., i opened the casing of my AVR and put it in above the heatsink. Power is supplied to the thermal; as my receiver has no USB on the back, i feed power from an external USB-charger.

The thermal switch has no speed-stepping, it´s on or off. You set the fan-speed with their individual switches, so the thermal saves you the hassle of switching on and off, wich i find convinient. I have my fans on the medium setting, sitting approx. 3 meters from my AVR spinning noise almost non existent.

I hope this helps people who think about a similar purchase.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Schu said:

up against the back wall... sadface

since 'new' prices on the old style Jubilees have more than doubled over the last year, I really don't need them anymore.... so

51050977906_55c8a08473_b.jpg

Watches, like so many other things, are a matter of taste.... I never liked the looks of Rolex very much, if i had the money to spend, i´d go for a Breitling, the Old Navitimer in particular. Still, it´s a good investment, always a "penny for lean times".

• Like 2

a friend of mine owns a Breitling authorized dealer store in the forum shops flagship mall here in Las Vegas... I still wouldn't own a breitling. just a matter of timepiece taste

A. Lange & Sohne would nice though for my German heritage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Whatcha got there?

Topping DX7 PRO DAC, Hypex NC1200 stereo amp, ZeroSurge surge protector, Sublime Acoustic K231 crossover.   Simple system with great results.  The sub is a JBL SRX828SP.  I bought that so I can run it nearfield and MIC it from the listening position. I can tune it through Audio Architect.  I'm completely satisfied with the mains without adjustment. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Topping DX7 PRO DAC, Hypex NC1200 stereo amp, ZeroSurge surge protector, Sublime Acoustic K231 crossover.   Simple system with great results.  The sub is a JBL SRX828SP.  I bought that so I can run it nearfield and MIC it from the listening position. I can tune it through Audio Architect.  I'm completely satisfied with the mains without adjustment. 

Nice gear. Just looked up your sub. Dual 18" Neo drivers, self powered and programmable. Not a bad price either.  Excellent!

Just now, Shiva said:

Nice gear. Just looked up your sub. Dual 18" Neo drivers, self powered and programmable. Not a bad price either.  Excellent!

Thanks.   The sub is a MONSTER.  Price was defineltely a selling point (25% off retail new doesn't hurt). I had trouble blending the Danleys well with my mains and needed cash at the time to fund my house remodel. Would have cost more money to integrate them properly.  Right out of the box, the jbl sub blends well and offers full PEQ and delay.   I know @babadono will love the subs when he gets them dialed in.  Might have to go over there and do another listening session/barbie again 😏

• Like 2