What I Got Today!

Brac

Looks like some great gear.  If I were younger...   Nuff said.  Now how's it really sound?   Looks fantastic!  

Sounds fantastic, this is my main system

Esoteric Grandioso C1X Preamp

LampizatOr Pacific

Taiko Audio SGM Extreme

Constellation Centaur ll 500

Stereo

Focal Maestro Utopia Evo

All Shunyata Sigma Cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All Shunyata Sigma Cables

Power cables? I just went that way.....I'm in the rabbit hole right now. See me waving to ya?

Power cables absolutely change the sound. I've heard it first hand but I'm not paying crazy money. A minimal investment can really improve your system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Power cables? I just went that way.....I'm in the rabbit hole right now. See me waving to ya?

Power cables absolutely change the sound. I've heard it first hand but I'm not paying crazy money. A minimal investment can really improve your system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m using Shunyata Sigma NR v2 and Alpha NR v2 power cables mostly Sigma
I also have Sigma v2 RCA and ordered the new Omega USB .

Yes you can tune your system with cables with great results

• Like 1

Marantz AV7703. Mint and barely used. Local sale. Came with everything it should have. I will take the stickers off now. This is my first true pre/pro for home theater use. For the past 6 years I have been running pre-outs to external amps on various AVR's. The main goal for this upgrade was to remove one more wasteful space heater from my home theater room. More VA's on tap for the real amps and less heat to pump out of the room. If I gain sound quality or a few extra features, then those are welcome bonuses. The unit is a step up model for this rack. Installation was a breeze. The previous Marantz I/O layout was so similar that I did not need to reroute any cables on the back of the rack. I already had enough amps running for the 5 base and 4 ceiling channels. I ran Audyssey Editor App and I'm running again. The room and subs were setup previously. I do not own any XLR cables, but have nice unbalanced IC's. The subwoofer runs are 30-40 feet so maybe I should XLR those? Eventually another 4-6 channel amp could be useful for Atmos and a simplified zone 2 option.

Before you ask, that thing sitting on top of the Marantz is a 12V 200MM X 30MM PC case fan. I pulled a USB powered controller board from a laptop cooler so I can control the speed with a variable switch dial and it powers on and off automatically. Not the most elegant looking device, but it didn't cost me anything either.

20210426_192536.jpg

20210426_192357.jpg

• Like 7

A got a couple of new movies and shows today. There were more not shown here in some other pics I took, but this is a good enough representation. I will have to watch them later, but for now I am feeling like Sushi Girl and Hell Ride would be fun.

Remember this, your music streams and files can sound as good or better than those old CD's or your ears may not notice any difference, and your movies may be streaming in 4k HDR and your eyes tell you its looks great or at least close to the same as a disc, but generally the video streaming services audio bitrates really do suck. Close your eyes and compare your steaming movie audio track to physical disc and you can really tell the difference. It measure worse yet. Audio on movie and tv show streaming services hits 768kbps max and is always lossy. Physical discs are capable of producing lossless audio with Atmos peaking at 18000kbps. Expect a minimum of 4X bitrate differentials. For example see exhibit A. https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/hw91vs/physical_vs_streaming_audio_quality_graphs_and/

resized 1.jpg

resized 2.jpg

resized 3.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. Re-purpose checking in with my find of the week  JBL Pro Line (shhhhh really wanted a couple pf PWK's bins but) SP128S.  Bidding was @ $5 when I started...  I honestly don't think anyone knew what they were except that guy bidding against me.  His wife was prolly helping him bid.  😂  Scrub, scrub, scrub time  :)

6171.jpg

Maybe!   Both speakers look good just dirty as all get out!

IMG-20210503-151747126.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1