What I Got Today!

Brac

34 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You're first?  Geez that's a nice one too.  Some great eating right there.  Have some fun reeling him in?  lolol  Come on over they're slammin them up on Lake Erie right now along with perch.  Enjoy that one! 

First of this year.  🙂  Caught it from the dock at the public landing at a local lake. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You're first?  Geez that's a nice one too.  Some great eating right there.  Have some fun reeling him in?  lolol  Come on over they're slammin them up on Lake Erie right now along with perch.  Enjoy that one! 

This was a 27" from a different local lake last fall. 

Screenshot_20210516-125615_Photos.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Just some changes to how my subs are connected, connecting an amp in another zone, and a bit of rack cleanup.

20210519_155222.jpg

I see Monoprice, at least some of them. Are those the "onyx" RCA cables? Report back how you like/dislike them.

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

I see Monoprice, at least some of them. Are those the "onyx" RCA cables? Report back how you like/dislike them.

Correct. I can't even spell Shunyata let alone pay for it. This is mostly just getting the length correct and the XLR 35 and 50 foot runs should be a technical improvement over the RCA counterparts I am replacing. The change is now I have XLR dual sub outs on the Marantz AV7703. The "Onyx" rca cables are locking. I have been using "Onyx" rca cables for my subs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Nice Mike.....what's up with the BMW?

No word since Thursday when they planned to drop and flush the tank. Corporate gas company covering all costs directly to dealership 

• Like 2

Good buys this week.

My 2014 Mac Mini has some drive issues, I bought a replacement 2018 Mac Mini 6-core i5, 16GB ram, 512GB SSD for $270 shipped (still selling new for $1299).

Luckily it is built well, since there was absolutely no padding in the box.

I also picked up a near new condition Snapmaker 2.0 A350 (3D printer, CNC, laser cutter) for a good price, it was 90 minutes away. 

I have been wanting to try one for a while.

A350.jpg

mac-mini.jpg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

My 2014 Mac Mini has some drive issues

While it´s not for the faint hearted, there are instructions on iFixit for repairs. Have You thought about it? Or was the old mac getting long in its teeth anyway?

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

While it´s not for the faint hearted, there are instructions on iFixit for repairs. Have You thought about it? Or was the old mac getting long in its teeth anyway?

Thanks.  I've watched the videos. They make it difficult, but I am sure that I can manage the upgrade.

I will likely swap out the drive or can use an external.  This has a fusion drive (HD coupled with a SSD), so I could just remove the HD and use the small SSD. 

The new one is better in all respects, but I will get the old one repaired and maybe use it with the Snapmaker or a media server.  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, USNRET said:

No word since Thursday when they planned to drop and flush the tank. Corporate gas company covering all costs directly to dealership 

Picked it up yesterday good as new. In total it cost me a 1/2 tank of gas; filled up then but dealer put 1/2 tank back in so I lost about $20 for the ordeal. I paid $1560 but was reimbursed about 15 minutes later. In effect I paid $20 for the dealer to detail the car.

June 3rd comes the PPF and ceramic coating.

• Like 2

I just gotta say. When can we see all these components assembled together in your system(s)? Must be an impressive sight.

Shakey

Here is some of it 94c4f9b68daccf0444fb00482f953540.jpg
0e6001f7c365e7ab019e82ab0b939efd.jpg
20919ae95a9ceaee8f61b4b41eab4e1c.jpg
01eaa87d50338e8a563692ed73d46392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1